Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:49 PM

16 posts, read 32,502 times

Advertisements

whats the good gift for pregnant women? i think to give a maternal clothes, where can i buy online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM

10 posts, read 21,561 times
As a pregnant woman, Motherhood.com! It's reasonably priced and fashionable. The clothes have been light, and stretchy, and comfortable! Good luck

Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardjmartinez View Post
whats the good gift for pregnant women? i think to give a maternal clothes, where can i buy online?
I think it is tricky to buy maternity clothes... unless you do a gift certificate or something.

I think something like a massage, a nice cooling foot lotion from a natural brand like L'Occitane (for when the feet get swollen and hot), or some type of food she craves would be nice.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:12 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
I'd do either a gift certificate, rather than buying actual clothing. Let the mom-to-be choose what she likes!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Personnally I would not offer her anything linked to the pregnancy (unless she asks for it).
A mom-to-be has to be reminded that she is not just that... Last year, when I was pregnant, believe me, I was really happy to get things such as books or CDs for my birthday and Christmas instead of maternity stuff!
As for a gift card, maybe one from a store like Target, where she can get either maternity wear or other things not linked to the pregnancy... or a little bit of both!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:03 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I think it is tricky to buy maternity clothes... unless you do a gift certificate or something.

I think something like a massage, a nice cooling foot lotion from a natural brand like L'Occitane (for when the feet get swollen and hot), or some type of food she craves would be nice.
A certificate for a pedicure would be good, too. Depending on how pregnant she is she may have trouble reaching her feet to do her own.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:11 AM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Personnally I would not offer her anything linked to the pregnancy (unless she asks for it).
A mom-to-be has to be reminded that she is not just that... Last year, when I was pregnant, believe me, I was really happy to get things such as books or CDs for my birthday and Christmas instead of maternity stuff!
As for a gift card, maybe one from a store like Target, where she can get either maternity wear or other things not linked to the pregnancy... or a little bit of both!
Yes. She is still an individual. Choose a gift which she would have enjoyed receiving in any other year... flowers, books, kitchen tools, socket wrench set.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Clothes for the baby. In the 12mos and up size. Everybody buys the cute little newborn clothes. When mom has something cute and new for when he's starting to walk she'll be thankful.

Though the socket wrench set is a SERIOUSLY good idea. Really! I got mine out to repair something just the other day!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post

I completely agree! I am a mom to be and for my birthday I did not want anything linked to my pregnancy or the baby. We do need somethings and time just for ourselves. I would suggest an Amex gift card so she can buy whatever she feels like or a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure at her favorite spa.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 PM

186 posts, read 434,327 times
For the baby shower yes. For my birthday I would've been pretty upset. Once I hit 6 months anything pretty was good, especially pedicures once I couldn't reach my toes.

Sent from my Evo Shift using TapaTalk, please forgive typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty