Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:43 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,156,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Did you read the entire thread, or are you just here to argue?
I did read the entire thread. It seems you and a few others lead the way on childish arguments on this thread.

To the point of the thread, I'll just say that attention given to "fat" is probably appropriate if not exactly kind to all. Fat is unhealthy, too many Americans are fat, and the "fat acceptance" movement is a bad thing. The vast majority of overweight or obese people are that way by choice. It is a lifestyle issue and the excuses are endless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 03:51 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I did read the entire thread. It seems you and a few others lead the way on childish arguments on this thread.

To the point of the thread, I'll just say that attention given to "fat" is probably appropriate if not exactly kind to all. Fat is unhealthy, too many Americans are fat, and the "fat acceptance" movement is a bad thing. The vast majority of overweight or obese people are that way by choice. It is a lifestyle issue and the excuses are endless.
Please, save the preaching for the religion thread, if I want a message, I'll call Western Union.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:11 PM

274 posts, read 370,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Do you know what disingenous means? It means "lacking in candor." The poster who used the word was very likely a candid comment and statement of opinion.
OMG, are you serious? Lacking in candor is part of the meaning, yes, but you clearly ignored the rest of the meaning just for the sake of nitpicking.

–adjective lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous.

I think the poster meant it was lacking sincerity - at least that's how I took it, and what I agreed with!

Plus, you misspelled it.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont think i could handle it. especially now that boob smashing and chest biting are on the table. im just glad you guys have made up, all this unpleasantess was making me upset. now lets move on to making fun of fat people.

Shouldn't you be off making your 15th peanut butter and diabetes sandwich of the day right now?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,228 times
Fat is just a %, anyone can manage it or lower it if they want to. It's not something to argue about.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:01 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity12 View Post
Shouldn't you be off making your 15th peanut butter and diabetes sandwich of the day right now?
you realize how dumb the diabetes thing is? i bet both you and the guy you stole that line from eat more sugar in a given day than i do. not to mention, both of you look like crap compared to me.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,919,980 times
I wanna see pictures of all the rabid fat haters to see what they look like

Old 07-01-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
you realize how dumb the diabetes thing is? i bet both you and the guy you stole that line from eat more sugar in a given day than i do. not to mention, both of you look like crap compared to me.
Hold on, are you saying someone else said that same thing to you? That's friggin' hilarious! Here I was thinking I was being original, and it turns out I'm only one of many people who think your pb&j and psyllium husk diet is absurd.

Love it!

And if you're trying to bait me to show a picture of myself to prove you wrong, forget it - it's not happening. I know that even if I looked like Megan Fox, you're predictable enough that you'd find plenty to criticize. Cuz that's your schtick.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity12 View Post
Hold on, are you saying someone else said that same thing to you? That's friggin' hilarious! Here I was thinking I was being original, and it turns out I'm only one of many people who think your pb&j and psyllium husk diet is absurd.

Love it!

And if you're trying to bait me to show a picture of myself to prove you wrong, forget it - it's not happening. I know that even if I looked like Megan Fox, you're predictable enough that you'd find plenty to criticize. Cuz that's your schtick.
you got the diabetes from that guy. no two people would say something so dumb in such a small amount of time, even you guys. a lot of people arent going to react well when hearing about my diet. its too simple and something just sounds wrong about it. but they are just ignorant. pb&j is just a collection of calories like all other food. a very efficient and delicious collection.

lets be realistic here, you are no megan fox or anything near it. i have no expectation of you posting a picture because i am confident you know that you arent anything to look at.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
you got the diabetes from that guy. no two people would say something so dumb in such a small amount of time, even you guys. a lot of people arent going to react well when hearing about my diet. its too simple and something just sounds wrong about it. but they are just ignorant. pb&j is just a collection of calories like all other food. a very efficient and delicious collection.

lets be realistic here, you are no megan fox or anything near it. i have no expectation of you posting a picture because i am confident you know that you arent anything to look at.
Sorry dude, I didn't pick up that diabetes idea from anyone. Anyone who knows the negative affects of sugar would reach the same conclusion. You don't seem to realize that the reason you're jonesing for so many pb&j sandwiches is because you've put yourself on a constant sugar high/sugar low cycle.

Oh you're right, I wouldn't compare myself to Megan Fox! You however... I'm guessing you look a little bit like the late Don Knotts. Maybe not as good looking, but similar. And shorter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty