U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 PM

21,584 posts, read 12,176,710 times
Chamy, you are a good looking guy! Great haircut.

Do not let that go to your head.

Next fashion challenge for you: Tie clasps. The long skinny ones that clip. Not the pins that go through the material.

p.s. Do not let your boss catch you taking pictures in the men's room!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,803,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Chamy, you are a good looking guy! Great haircut.

Do not let that go to your head.

Next fashion challenge for you: Tie clasps. The long skinny ones that clip. Not the pins that go through the material.

p.s. Do not let your boss catch you taking pictures in the men's room!
Ah, thank you, Dew I cannot live without American Crew hairgel.

I do have some tie clasps that look like this one. Is this the one you're talking of?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DvyYQdnG-5...e+tie+clip.jpg

My boss is female. She can't be found in the men's room I've made no secret to the fact that I actually prefer working for women as they make more coherent decisions in senior positions than men.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Yo bro,
You would look good with those in Europe...just stay out of Texas if you wear those....

I have one similar to this. My father actually gave it to me. He bought it like almost 45 yrs ago in Germany. Really nice. I can't find it though.
My cousin in France, she tells me European men have no pressure of what to wear and what not. She even says grown up European men listen to teeny bopper songs like an equivalent to Jonas Brothers (she used that example), without the fear of being written off as naff, effeminate and such.

European society is different. And for the better.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Ah, thank you, Dew I cannot live without American Crew hairgel.

I do have some tie clasps that look like this one. Is this the one you're talking of?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DvyYQdnG-5...e+tie+clip.jpg
Yep. They look great (and add a touch of authenticity) with the early 60's era skinny tie. You should be able to find some great ones. JFK gave out clips that looked like PT boats. My dad (who worked on the space program) had one that looked like a missile.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Yep. They look great (and add a touch of authenticity) with the early 60's era skinny tie. You should be able to find some great ones. JFK gave out clips that looked like PT boats. My dad (who worked on the space program) had one that looked like a missile.
Seriously??? That's awesome. When I was in college in India, I briefly did an internship with the ISRO (Indian equivalent of NASA). I regret to this day that I didn't stay there for good. My major is called "Electronics and Communications Engineering". The communications part was completely satellite communications and micro/radio stuff.... too bad I don't use it any longer.

JFK is a well-dressed man. He probably is the most stylish Prez there ever existed. And he wore skinny ties.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
JFK is a well-dressed man. He probably is the most stylish Prez there ever existed. And he wore skinny ties.
It was all those white shirts and Brooks Brothers suits.

(I'd ask if you felt the earthquake but, knowing you, would get a comment on the earth moving. )

Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:

(I'd ask if you felt the earthquake but, knowing you, would get a comment on the earth moving. )
I love Brooks Brothers, but their fitting was never perfect for my body's layout. It was always bigger and more loose.

I didn't feel the quake at all. As a matter of fact I came to know only when they announced in the broadcast. However, the hurricane buggered me up pretty bad.

I almost packed my favourite shoes, shirts and cufflinks to flee

Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Today's combo. People said a few nice things about them

The rim is darker metal and it's shiny throughout and the main body is some form of steel/silver like metal. It felt like it was cookie cutter made for my black dotted shirt. And I love this tie.

Looked much better and pressed in the morning without any wrinkles.

I need to pick up more, with winter coming up. And they are transferring me to a new building, which has stricter dress code even on Friday.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:40 PM

I think I may have found one for my black shirt.

New Men's Laser Print Flower Pattern Silver Cufflinks | eBay

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$%28KGrHqEOKp%21E3tGsMw%28KBOCCR+Ghp%21%7E%7E0_3.J PG (broken link)

Old 09-03-2011, 02:11 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,380,598 times
Quote:

iirc all the Kennedy brothers (and their father Joe Sr) wore Savile Row English tailored suits. Brooks Brothers back then generally favored the undarted balloony American-style sack suit, which was the staple of white collar middle managers all across the USA back in the 50's and 60's.

Btw- Do you just have Double Cuffed dress shirts? No Single button cuffs or barrel cuffs? Is your office that formal where you wear suits every day? Even my friends who work in IB don't have to wear suits with ties anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty