Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times

Advertisements

If you've been thinking about it, don't do it! Over a year ago I got aggravated with them and did the total pluck. That requires a lot of eyebrow update every night. But here's the thing. When I was ready to let my grow back in, they don't grow out with that nice curve. Nope! They stick straight out and there's no way anyone will go outside the home with growing eyebrows looking like that. So I'm doing a good job putting them on with a pencil but it sure would be nice to have them back again. I have made plans to not leave the house for a week while they grow and see what happens. I put the brow pencil on and take a good closeup look. A week is not enough for them to start curving and not look like stupid.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you go about growing them back without looking socially scary? Sure hope I get some helpful info!
DON'T EVER PULL OUT ALL YOUR EYEBROWS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 10:06 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Best I can think of would be to let them grow and just pluck the ones that don't fit into what you consider to be the "right" curve for your eyebrows. It'll probably look bad for a while, though...

Old 07-11-2011, 10:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I never plucked them all out, but I did overpluck my senior year in high school.

Have you tried some sort of grooming wax made for eyebrows? Perhaps with a brow brush and some wax you can help shape the new hairs in the direction you want them to grow.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
I sometimes wear my brows pencil thin or full natural. When I grow them in I use olive oil at night and make sure I am taking a hair growth vitamin. To tame them i just trim them short with scissors until an even patch grows in. I fill the brow shape with light brow powder and wax. (sometimes pencil too) and set it with my face powder. Don't try to make them darker like most usually do when growing them in. It just makes them look harsh, sparse and odd. They have some videos on youtube.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
I got very critical about my eyebrows a while back, and overtweezed. But I am lucky, if you can call it that, because my eyebrows are very pale, and I have to dye them. As I get older. they aren't going gray as much as losing their pigment. So I dyed them in their overtweezed state, and let the other hair grow in and unless you close you couldn't notice anything (I kept them tweezed -- just not as severely). It took about six months to get them back in shape, because I couldn't just let them grow back in, I had to manage it. Now, about once a month, I do a pull and dye.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:27 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,060 times
I shaved part of mine once when i was a kid lol

Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Ugh! Makes me think of those chicks that do the "eyebrows by Sharpie" look.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:42 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
My Mother did have her eyebrows tattooed on, they looked terrible, sort of like Dr. Spock. Why would anyone take off all their eye brows? Is that a cultural thing?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:51 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My Mother did have her eyebrows tattooed on, they looked terrible, sort of like Dr. Spock. Why would anyone take off all their eye brows? Is that a cultural thing?
i think its a hispanic thing. its not good.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Have you tried some sort of grooming wax made for eyebrows?
Have not thought about grooming wax. Looks like Opsimathia has some experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I sometimes wear my brows pencil thin or full natural. When I grow them in I use olive oil at night and make sure I am taking a hair growth vitamin. To tame them i just trim them short with scissors until an even patch grows in. I fill the brow shape with light brow powder and wax. (sometimes pencil too) and set it with my face powder. Don't try to make them darker like most usually do when growing them in. It just makes them look harsh, sparse and odd. They have some videos on youtube.
I've been applying olive oil at night (it's good for everything!) and they do grow faster but are insisting on sticking straight out and I haven't let them last longer than a week because of that. I will try the wax and see what happens. I've been using mineral powder over a mild liquid foundation to make it all look better for the brow pencil application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I got very critical about my eyebrows a while back, and overtweezed. But I am lucky, if you can call it that, because my eyebrows are very pale, and I have to dye them. As I get older. they aren't going gray as much as losing their pigment. So I dyed them in their overtweezed state, and let the other hair grow in and unless you close you couldn't notice anything (I kept them tweezed -- just not as severely). It took about six months to get them back in shape, because I couldn't just let them grow back in, I had to manage it. Now, about once a month, I do a pull and dye.
Yours must grow in with a nice curvy shape. Six months to get them back is no surprise. Pulling mine all out was a dumb arse thing to do.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Hey, those brows penciled on harshly is not the way to do it. It does looks bad. I searched on having brows permanently removed and dyed on but quickly decided against that. Tomorrow I will get some grooming wax and give it a go growing them out again. Have a lovely evening!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty