Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 09:01 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,913,976 times

Advertisements

Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 07:26 PM

1,517 posts, read 981,849 times
Quote:
I can't even picture a guy in 42S skinny jeans. They look bad enough on a high school boy with a 29" waist.

"42s" meaning a pair of 42-inch waist jeans. Look at the letter case. Lower-case "s" as in plural 42.

I can wear my Wrangler 13MWZs (lower-case plural "S") in a 42 if I tried. I can get into them and they look great but I rarely do as daily wear because they smash the boys up which is VERY uncomfortable. And if standard-issue traditional cowboy jeans can do that then I don't even want to imagine how these tight hipster jeans would feel. Have to be like getting your masculinity caught a bench vise.

Yeah, let's maybe not even think about that.

Quote:
Now, don't get me started on those jeans with all the ridiculous rips and tears... they look terrible regardless of who is wearing them!

There is an entire generation growing up who will likely never know the joy of acid-washing one's jeans and having at them with a bastard file, wood rasp, 100-grit sandpaper or a combination of the four. You know, like WE all did. Either lack of motivation, information (yeah right) or both. Remember when there was a time you couldn't *buy* ripped jeans, you had to make them yourself?

I remember doing that around 1994 with a pair of my Wranglers (third/fourth grade). I went into school rocking them one day, to my mom's chagrin, and god, thought was really hot s---. Of course they were still very much in fashion around that time since the 80s didn't actually end until around 2008 or so, and did sort of fit with that whole "grunge" thing going on then.

Now get your damn bikes offa my lawn, you ---ing kids!

Old 04-27-2018, 07:11 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,059,174 times
Yes.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:31 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,215,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
it just depends on how they fit. Watch out you don’t wind up looking like a clothespin.
+1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty