Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 02:06 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,038,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I wash my face with Cetaphil and have just started using Boots No. 7 serum and day cream. The day cream has an spf of 15. I have used Perricone for years, but I am also cutting back on the expensive products. So far I am happy, but time will tell.
I used to use Boots! This was years ago so I dunno if it's still the same formula, but it did work really well. A Boots rep at Target told me that it would fade brown spots... I have brown spots, like very light freckles, on my shoulders from childhood sunburns and so I used the Boots No.7 serum on my shoulders and they did fade. Took a few weeks, but it was pretty cool.

I guess Boots has been popular in the UK for quite a long time but about 4 or 5 years ago they started hopping the pond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle15 View Post
I think one of the most important things a face cream needs these days is sunscreen. I've been searching for a while to find one that I like (and doesn't irritate my skin) and ...
Me, too! It took me forever to find a sunscreen for my face that didn't irritate my eyes or smell bad or feel gross on my skin or clog my pores, breaking me out. I don't like things on my face, I don't wear makeup at all because of it.

Anyway... finally discovered MyChelle Dermaceuticals (where have I been?) and their facial sunblock is wonderful. A little pricey but worth it. I tell myself that since I'm not spending gobs of money on makeup, I get to splurge on my sunscreen which is better for me beautiful long-term anyway!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:32 PM

656 posts, read 1,989,862 times
I use Boots! I think it is one of the most affordable skin care products out there. It is at Target which to me makes the whole idea of buying it so much more convenient. I've always found their products to be good. I used to use all the very expensive products but have found that the Boots products were the same if not better than some of the other expensive name brand items I bought from expensive cosmetic counters!!

Skin care products do NOT have to be expensive to be effective

Old 08-06-2011, 02:04 PM

525 posts, read 1,850,902 times
Burt's Bees facial radience lotion spf 15...i love it. Natural with sunblockers for about $15 for the daytime.

For night time moisturizing I use Korres rose cream... I got the 2 for 1 deal and it came out to about $20...

Both are excellent and natural...

Old 08-08-2011, 10:00 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,387,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ok, the day has finally come, I can no longer afford clinique products. I've faithfully used clinique for almost 30 years, and, I think they're worth it, but our budget doesn't support it anymore.

I continue to use the soap, at $12 a bar it seems expensive until you realize it can last 3 months, just keep it out of the shower!

But, the other stuff---well, I always use a sunscreen and my face really doesn't look my age. So, what is a good, inexpensive brand of facial sunscreen, and night time moisturizer? I sleep under a ceiiling fan, and if I don't use a moisturizer, my face is dried out!
My skin looks really young...to other people. LOL I am black, so it may not matter but I used Clinique's moisture surge face spray. I loved it.

I use another face spray that I buy at wholefoods, but only because of convenience. I think Clinique's is only like 15 bucks or something BTW so if that is still in your budget, buy it. One bottle lasts me several months and moisturizes my skin.

BTW I have oily skin, but I always use moisturizer.

Moisturizers that may be less expensive:
1. Better Botanicals Rose Tulsi Hydrating mist - Wholefoods.

2. Vitamin E Oil - I haven't done this in a while, but I used to smear it on at night. Be sure you get 100% vitamin E. It's a little messy but what do you want..cleanliness or wrinkles?

Other cheap stuff?

I also use Dr. Bronner's soap on my face and a rough wash cloth to exfoliate. Honestly the best washcloths for my face are the white terry cloth rags in the pack from Home Depot. They're cheap and really rub off the dead skin. The fancy towels I have are too soft.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,440,891 times
You can find good relatively inexpensive natural products at Whole Foods.

Any cream with Vitamin A and E are excellent.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I also use Dr. Bronner's soap on my face and a rough wash cloth to exfoliate. Honestly the best washcloths for my face are the white terry cloth rags in the pack from Home Depot. They're cheap and really rub off the dead skin. The fancy towels I have are too soft.
LOVE Dr. Bronner's! Discovered it in 1991 and have always had it on hand since. Do you dilute it? I put a teeny tiny bit in a bottle and add water to it, and use that for everything - face, body, pets, cleaning house, floors, walls, dishes... that stuff will clean everything. And the peppermint smells so good!

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps All-One!

I use the classic liquid soaps... the eucalyptus makes a nice steamy bath.

I'm so happy to hear someone else loves Dr. Bronner's! I'm gonna rep you.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:59 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,311,513 times
I use coconut oil and Oil of Olay. Works for me.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:22 AM

885 posts, read 1,520,835 times
Refined 'extra light' olive oil in the grocery store is a light but nourishing moisturizer. It's just like the DHC olive virgin oil.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:54 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,357,080 times
try almay if you have sensative skin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty