U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 05:43 PM

4,615 posts, read 6,115,918 times

Advertisements

Curious how others reach the point where they realize they have enough clothes in their closet.

I am planning my fall wardrobe and I think I have enough clothes and shoes, but I'm realizing that its fun buying new things!! (I've been pretty frugal in this area, but have been indulging a bit lately while planning for fall/winter)

I work in an office anywhere from 3-5 days per week, so my clothing has to be a certain level of quality for that.

I like to have enough clothes that I have variety and choices, but I am also practical and do not like to have things in my closet that I never wear, don't fit, etc.

This fall, I think I need to focus on items that coordinate with several other pieces in my wardrobe, so I can create multiple outfits out of fewer clothes.

For Fall/Winter, I am focusing on 5 major colors: black, white, gray, brown, and light blue. White and light blue look best on me, and they can go with black, brown, or gray.

I have 1/2 dozen scarves in different colors/patterns, so these will be used to add a bit of interest/brightness to the 5 basic colors.

Maybe I need to spend some more time creating different outfits rather than indulging my desire to buy more clothes.

How do you manage/plan your wardrobe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 05:54 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,678,000 times
Enough clothes?? Never!

Today I added two more ties from Lord and Taylor and a pants!

Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 PM

24,469 posts, read 28,730,432 times
I like to have enough to last more than a week. I usually have more tops than pants. So, enough pants to last more than a week, preferably 2 weeks. I try to look at clothing more as a "need" than a "want." I am a SAHM, so I don't need a lot of nice or dressy clothes. I often don't buy something because I simply don't need it and the money is better spent on something else.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Enough clothes?? Never!

Today I added two more ties from Lord and Taylor and a pants!
Maybe I need to kick my frugal side in the butt for a while and give in to what I really want: lots of wonderful, fabulous clothes!!! LOL

Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Maybe I need to kick my frugal side in the butt for a while and give in to what I really want: lots of wonderful, fabulous clothes!!! LOL
If you are male, check online in Paul Fredrick and Calvin Klein. Amazing dress shirts at cheap prizes.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
If you are male, check online in Paul Fredrick and Calvin Klein. Amazing dress shirts at cheap prizes.
Nope, female. (that is why I put "women" in the title of the thread)

Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
When I was working, I had enough skirts, slacks, and blazers/jackets to not repeat a combo for 2 weeks. I had summer and winter outfits. I might have worn the same skirt or slacks more than once per 2 wks but with a different blouse, tunic, or jacket. I had probably 8-9 blouses or tunics per season and quite a few pullover sweaters that could be worn with or without a blouse.

Now shoes are a different story. I had maybe 10 pairs per season.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:44 PM

8,191 posts, read 27,459,376 times
When you can't possibly fit any more into your closet and your dresser you might just have enough clothes. Seriously. As a kid we were poor and I remember having 2 pairs of pants plus my church outfit. The other kids made fun of me.

When I had an office job I had enough clothes that I could go 6 weeks without repeating a combo.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:51 PM

2,291 posts, read 4,749,944 times
When my money runs out. Not one moment before.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Nope, female. (that is why I put "women" in the title of the thread)
Blimey

I didn't even notice that. Should I exit the thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty