Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 07:44 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,612,872 times

Advertisements

the actress Bernadette Peters is Italian. I would never have thought given her last name

Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
the actress Bernadette Peters is Italian. I would never have thought given her last name
It's just a stage name. Her real name is Bernadette Lazzara. And she is gorgeous. Met her back in '93.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times
My Dad's side of the family is 100% Italian. I'm a 3rd generation Italian/Irish-american and I can tell you, the older generations in my family looked nothing like the photos of the women posted on here. I would not have called them "beauties" by any stretch.

My mother is 100% Irish. I don't resemble her at all however, most people assume my fair skin and freckles are my "Irish" traits...when indeed they came from my father. I look exactly like him, only female. Even down to the shape of my teeth and the cleft on my chin but I don't look like the photos posted here either.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:36 AM

5,749 posts, read 10,353,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
My Dad's side of the family is 100% Italian. I'm a 3rd generation Italian/Irish-american and I can tell you, the older generations in my family looked nothing like the photos of the women posted on here. I would not have called them "beauties" by any stretch.

My mother is 100% Irish. I don't resemble her at all however, most people assume my fair skin and freckles are my "Irish" traits...when indeed they came from my father. I look exactly like him, only female. Even down to the shape of my teeth and the cleft on my chin but I don't look like the photos posted here either.
I think Italian DNA can produce great results when mixed with other DNA... There are some gorgeous women who are 1/2 Italian and 1/2 something else. My sisters, cousins, and I are 1/2 Italian and 1/2 German which is a good mix I think. Have the height/bone structure of the Germans with Italian coloring/features. Slender, tall, curvy blondes/brunettes with light brown/hazel eyes who can easily tan.

I have some friends who are 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Irish who are gorgeous (I believe the model Gia on this thread is this mix). I also have a friend who is 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 German and she is one of the most stunning women I have ever seen - tall and thin with the brightest big blue eyes and delicate Asian features, men cannot take their eyes off of her...

Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,376,161 times
lol i guess..

Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,716,877 times
If money were no object, I'd like to be a Sophia Loren lookalike (from her 20s)

Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I think Italian DNA can produce great results when mixed with other DNA... There are some gorgeous women who are 1/2 Italian and 1/2 something else. My sisters, cousins, and I are 1/2 Italian and 1/2 German which is a good mix I think. Have the height/bone structure of the Germans with Italian coloring/features. Slender, tall, curvy blondes/brunettes with light brown/hazel eyes who can easily tan.

I have some friends who are 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Irish who are gorgeous (I believe the model Gia on this thread is this mix). I also have a friend who is 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 German and she is one of the most stunning women I have ever seen - tall and thin with the brightest big blue eyes and delicate Asian features, men cannot take their eyes off of her...
Watson and Crick just turned in their grave. I think one of them may be alive.

Which of the following DNA is Italian?

Old 04-11-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
A "scientific" presentation on why modern Italian DNA (which they argue is "basically the same as the great Roman genes of 3 thousand years ago") is the best:

The Truth About Italian DNA - YouTube

"It gives modern Italians what is probably the most amazing genetic make-up and the most competitive genetic attractiveness in the world... This (DNA) may be why both Italian females and males seem to be irresistibly charming and sexy to most other people in the world.... They are the fruit of the most competitive sexual selection in human history so far, based on pure physical attractiveness."

So now we have scientific evidence that people of Italian heritage are, in fact, some of the most attractive people in history!

Any Dr's, biologists on this thread - Do not attempt to debunk this, I am just too happy with the conclusions!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post

Which of the following is Italian?
The one with the most pepperoni, of course.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:28 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,139,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
A "scientific" presentation on why modern Italian DNA (which they argue is "basically the same as the great Roman genes of 3 thousand years ago") is the best:

The Truth About Italian DNA - YouTube

"It gives modern Italians what is probably the most amazing genetic make-up and the most competitive genetic attractiveness in the world... This (DNA) may be why both Italian females and males seem to be irresistibly charming and sexy to most other people in the world.... They are the fruit of the most competitive sexual selection in human history so far, based on pure physical attractiveness."

So now we have scientific evidence that people of Italian heritage are, in fact, some of the most attractive people in history!

Any Dr's, biologists on this thread - Do not attempt to debunk this, I am just too happy with the conclusions!

Well being that I'm half Italian (blowing wind on fingers and rubbing on chest) I'll have to say I concure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.