Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:02 PM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Advertisements

I know alot of people hate UGG boots and think they are ugly and only look good on kids and teenagers but...I like them. Even though I am in my forties. I am fit and have a good figure and thin, toned legs and am of average height.
So I would like honest opinions. I want to buy a pair of knee high black UGG's for winter (live in Illinois). Am I too old to wear these? Would they look inappropriate on someone my age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I know alot of people hate UGG boots and think they are ugly and only look good on kids and teenagers but...I like them. Even though I am in my forties. I am fit and have a good figure and thin, toned legs and am of average height.
So I would like honest opinions. I want to buy a pair of knee high black UGG's for winter (live in Illinois). Am I too old to wear these? Would they look inappropriate on someone my age?
If they make you happy and keep your feet warm, I say go for it.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:15 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
I'm in my early 40s too. I think if you are wearing them as cold-weather footwear, with jeans, that's totally appropriate.

If you wear them with a mini skirt, you may look sad, like you're "trying too hard" to look like a kid.

When people wear them in the summer, or in places where it's like 80 degrees year-round, they just look silly.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,395,410 times
I don't think they are attractive - but I can understand the appeal in cold weather!

I saw a girl (20's) in them the other day with short-shorts. It was close to 90 degrees that day. All I could wonder was what her feet must smell like when she took them off?

Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
I was looking through one of my wife's fashion magazines that were recently delivered (cant remember which one but it must be like 500 pages) and there was about a 5-6 page ad on Uggs. The new styles are actually pretty dang nice. Not those weird looking wallaby things that teen girls were wearing a few years back. The new styles are actually all pretty cool looking. I even told the wife that she would look totally hot in some of those things. One pair I remember were kind of a dark brown, almost form fitting type and all the way up to allmost the knee. The only way anyone can tell they were Uggs was the little bit of fur sticking out of the top .

Some samples are:

UGG® Australia | Complimentary Shipping on Orders Over $150
UGG Amberlee for Women | Leather Equestrian-Inspired Boot at UGGAustralia.com
UGG® Australia | Complimentary Shipping on Orders Over $150

Heck, they even have shoes for men that I would totally wear - UGG® Australia | Complimentary Shipping on Orders Over $150
Mens Casual Sneakers and Shoes at UGGAustralia.com

Uggs are not just those ugly Sleestack/Ukra the Mock/viking type shoes from the 90s anymore.

And considering the relatively affordable prices on these things compared to some of the boots/shoes she's purchased in the past at Macys, Nordstrom and Neiman, I say the $200 - $350 price tag is pretty dang good as well.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:25 PM

355 posts, read 1,115,603 times
Default Ugg

I remember seeing some Dockers boots that were very similar to those made by UGG. If they look and feel the same, I'd go with those (less than 1/2 the price) or any other boot/shoemaker for that matter. If UGGs offer a feel or comfort level above any other designer though, go with those.

And yes I'm sure with the right get-up/outfit, they'll look fine

Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Quote:
LOL OK I am a little younger than ya...but these are the PERFECT shoes for our aged feet! No heels, lots of room for even our fat, wrinkled tootsies to spread out...ha ha ha. I love my UGGS because they're comfortable and since they're natural wool, my toesies are warm even when the boots get wet.

Those things almost saved my life when I hiked a mile through the snowstorm we had last year! My face was frozen and I was blind...and I almost got frostbite in my fingers (forgot the gloves that day...but who knew I'd have to get out of the car!!), but thanks to UGGS the toes were TOASTY. I kept traction through slush and snow even though I was blind...I finally got home alive. Thanks to UGGS.

I even put mine in the washing machine. They're great in deep snow...or on asphalt if you're in a city. Sorry if they're a "fashion" item, which I think may turn off a lot of people, but UGGS are basically an extremely practical boot.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:19 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
I am waaay over 40 and I love my Ugg clogs! Warm all winter in the Utah cold/snow and comfy on my feet. I have other cheaper snow boots that are not fashionable but I would buy Uggs if I could afford them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:49 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
I think you would probably look cute in them. At least you live in a state that has actual cold and snowy winters.

What I think is ridiculous is that so many young ladies in California (where I live) where them, including my daughter. They have on shorts and UGGs! It will be 85-90 degrees and you'll see them wearing UGGs.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:58 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:

Of course you're not too old to wear them. And in winter who cares if they're not the prettiest, anyway. Would love to get some myself.

What I think is ridiculous is seeing anybody (usually it's the young set) wear them during summer. Sometimes with shorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty