U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 AM

2,725 posts, read 3,961,224 times

Advertisements

I know this sounds awful in every way, but I think I have become a sort of fashion snob. Can anyone relate? I'm with someone, but I still look at other girls. One thing more than anything (besides the obvious ugly, heavy, etc) that turns me off is a women who has no sense of style whatsoever. I would think this would be more of a women issue but I must admit, I am a fashion snob.

I don't mean a women should spend thousands on clothes or have gucci, Prada, and Louis Vutton bags. Actually faddy type styles and overpriced purses are a total turnoff. What I mean is just a sense of style. No crazy looking outfits. I tend to think of myself as having a sense of style. Always been told that I dress nicely. But I don't spend thousands on clothes. I look for deals through outlets like Plato's closets and other assorted used clothing stores. But if I was single and I was looking at two girls who looked equal in looks. The deciding factor would be who dressed better. Besides of course attitude and kindness. I know pathetic ha? But it's true. I tend to date women who are good dressers. Some that come to mind with me are (and please don't laugh,-I just don't know alot of celebrities by name) but Rachel Uchitel. I think she dresses nice almost every time I see her. You can hate her all you want, but she's got style. Kate Moss when she doesn't over do it, dresses really cool. I like the way Lauren Conrad dressess (although she is young) I think that she has style. Jenniffer Aniston is another one. I hate girls who wear to many colors. wear fads. Or just simply wouldn't know how to match a t-shirt to a simple pair of pants.

I myself dress casually simple. EX, old school faded Levis with just a white or black t-shirt. Can be V-neck. I am the anti-Ed hardy. I like the classic look. But some people just have style and some don't. I wear alot of solid colors. I have found you can't go wrong with them. Sometimes layered. If I ever see an item I must have, I will shell out the money it costs to get it. For instance I bought a three hundred dollar all white sort of like a turtle neck but much thicker and patterned so cooly complex solid white. I love it. I have had so many compliments with it. It doesn't mean I don't wear things with different colors too once in a while, but it depends on what it is. I have always been told by everyone I ever dated that I dress "cool". I don't wear sneakers much but if I did, they would have to be little (low tops). Like Puma's, Addida's (stan smiths) etc. No hightops. Boots are a must. Low top Converse aren't bad but too trendy right now.

Sometimes I feel as if I can tell what will be popular next. I have a weird sick sense with that. Maybe I should have been a fashion person of sorts but I always thought being a straight guy and not feminine it wouldn't have been my forte'. I am neither. Don't let my user name fool you too, it was a joke.

Anyhow, I saw this girl the other day and she was so pretty in the face. Close to my age. But she dressed crunchy. Hiking sneakers, weird sweaters, etc and I thought If I was single, I just don't think I could date her. Crazy and assinine I know. But its true. I always seem to date girls who know how to dress. Can you relate? Am I a shallow jerk? But in the end you like what you like. And I don't feel I should ever have to change someone. If you have to change someone, than they aren't right for you. My biggest turnoff is someone who couldn't put an outfit together for the life of them. I just don't understand why something so FRIVALOUS is important to me. Maybe like I said I'm just shallow and sad. But it is what it is. I sometimes think that most of the world don't have a clue about fashion in any regards. People also don't know how to assentuate their positives. I know I am going to get killed for this, but if you have kankles,-don't wear shorts. If your fat-rule spandex out, etc, etc. You probably got my point about ten examples ago, but I felt the need to give you 60 more. My apologies for being so long...Can you relate or am I just a putz?

I would never truly eliminate someone just how they dressed. I truly am not that shallow. If I loved someone, it wouldn't matter that much, but like I mentioned above. If it came down to two girls who were evenly matched, (all things considered, attitude, heart, etc) I'm definately going with the better dresser..

Last edited by supermanpansy; 09-08-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 AM

2,502 posts, read 3,036,953 times
Honestly it doesn't put me off that badly. Sure I would like them to look at least decent but they don't have to be wearing the latest trends.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Honestly it doesn't put me off that badly. Sure I would like them to look at least decent but they don't have to be wearing the latest trends.

I am so against the latest trends myself. I always sort of thought of myself as a trend starter. Ego aside, I know I'm not. I just in my own crazy mind have thought that. I noticed when I was in college, many people would sort of copy my style. I know it sounds coc ky, but it seemed true. But who knows maybe I am just dellusional and am completely wrong...I am wrong alot.

But trends I don't do.

And I think for a women it might be easier. Because most guys don't mind their women helping them out in the ole' fashion department. But for a man it's actually harder. Who wants to dress better than their girlfriend? How do you tell a girl you have no style. It's different from a guys point of view. I would never want to insult a girl that I liked by saying that. It is more acceptable for a girl to help a guy out of his bad stylish ways...lol..

And to be honest, I was terrified to write this, in fear of getting flamed to death. But I am being honest. I haven't had much luck in the Fashion forum over the years. So I don't reply and rarely ever start posts. This above any other forum has been the toughest for me. I get no love here....lol. You all are a tough group..

Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 AM

31,164 posts, read 57,288,199 times
Clean and unwrinkled works for me.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 AM

2,502 posts, read 3,036,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I am so against the latest trends myself. I always sort of thought of myself as a trend starter. Ego aside, I know I'm not. I just in my own crazy mind have thought that. I noticed when I was in college, many people would sort of copy my style. I know it sounds coc ky, but it seemed true. But who knows maybe I am just dellusional and am completely wrong...I am wrong alot.

But trends I don't do.
Really? Huh. I kind of thought that when I was younger at some point. I wore this Chinese shirt (you know the ones that go up to your neck with the silk attachments?) with jeans and I pit my hair half-up and half down and put those hair chopsticks in! What was I thinking?

Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Really? Huh. I kind of thought that when I was younger at some point. I wore this Chinese shirt (you know the ones that go up to your neck with the silk attachments?) with jeans and I pit my hair half-up and half down and put those hair chopsticks in! What was I thinking?

Maybe you wanted to be chinese...joke.. Anyhow, I have to leave so I won't be able to read anymore responses for now for those who did respond without trashing me. Reps for all....Take care. They wouldn't let me rep you cancer, sorry.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:03 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,010,885 times
This is funny because it reminds me of this guy I dated (for a bit too long*cough*). Once the weather got cold, he ended up in this phase where he would wear the same sweatpants like everyday. It was totally gross!

Here I'd be spending my usual hour or so showering, styling, primping, etc...and he throws on a pair of friggin sweatpants. Give me a break!

To top all that, the entire winter he wore the same hoodie everyday as a jacket! Oh my god, this dude...

He looked like a bum. It was embarassing.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:23 AM

862 posts, read 2,262,596 times
My Dear Husband is not a fashion savvy guy, I am a bit of a fashionista and there were a few dates where I wanted to send him home to change. Bit my tongue, married him and now I buy most of his clothes. Unfortunately he still sneaks out and buys Wrangler "jorts" or jean shorts now and then. But cargo shorts and nice shirts are now in his closet as well.

I do think that if a man does not like his girlfriends fashion, it might become an issue. Most women would be very sensitive to their man wanting to redo their wardrobe or shopping for them.. but every relationship is unique.

I think, supermanpansy, that it was very honest what you said, don't be afraid of the fashion and beauty forum

Old 09-08-2011, 08:08 PM

885 posts, read 1,272,515 times
Not if they let you dress them

Old 09-09-2011, 01:37 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,732,803 times
for me it is... if your not in fashion I don't have the passion. and my social network will wonder wtf i am doing with a guy who is not fit an fashionable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty