U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 01:02 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,748,544 times

Advertisements

Well that's what I am looking for. I want something that does not involve 17 different products or steps. I want to afford it, and once purchased, use it.

I was thinking of something with vitamin C and Retinal.

Was looking at products by Roc. Also has anyone used Strivectin?

Thanks. I need some help with this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 02:10 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
I got rid of crow's feet lines and improved the overall texture by using Olay's Anti-wrinkle Night Cream for Mature Skin. I recommend it to everyone and one in particular has loved what it did for her. I get it at Walgreen's for about $15. A little goes a long way. It's a small white jar with a black lid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:24 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,145,091 times
Get something with Tretinoin in it, like Retin-A. It's commonly used for everything you've listed.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:19 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,748,544 times
I know Retin- A - but isn't that by prescription?
Does anything else have Trentinoin?

Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,247,672 times
Go to a cosmetic dermatologist.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:27 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,423,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Well that's what I am looking for. I want something that does not involve 17 different products or steps. I want to afford it, and once purchased, use it.

I was thinking of something with vitamin C and Retinal.

Was looking at products by Roc. Also has anyone used Strivectin?

Thanks. I need some help with this

I tried strivectin tightening and its definitely for the over 40 crowd. Get a sample though to see if it works for you.

But first step I would do is to get some of that dead skin off so whatever cream you do use can have its best results.

Home product:
Sephora: Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™: Aging

Peels make anyone's skin look its best and really freshens up any lines. You don't have to do it every day.

Then whatever facewash should be a cream or non-drying. (suds tend to be drying)
Exfoliate 2 times a week at least to keep it fresh and bright. You may not have to during your peel weeks. Use whatever works. (scrub, facebrush, salt, sugar, buff puff, washcloth)

Toners are optional but I think a good idea to calm the skin after exfoliating.
Witch Hazel with aloe:
Premium Witch Hazel : Thayers Natural Remedies, Since 1847
(can also be used as an aftershave for men)

Then whatever moisture product you choose.

3 steps with occasional peels and check ups at the derm office for sun damage gone bad.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:44 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
I'm a fan of the Alpha Hydrox line, which can be difficult to find in stores, but can be purchased online.

I use the Foaming Face Wash (non-drying! I used it while on Accutane for the pH balance), Retinol ResQ (at night on my face, neck, chest & shoulders), 10% Glycolic Treatment - Oil Free (in the morning before moisturizer).

I also use a moisturizer with SPF, Neutrogena being my preferred.

And I also use a 20% Glycolic Acid product, Glytone, a couple times a week. Sometimes I use it during the day if I'm not going anywhere or I'll use it in place of my nightly retinol treatment.

FWIW, I've tried RoC and Strivectin, among others, and they didn't impress me.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:51 AM

I liked that AH wash too and didn't think it was as drying as most sudsy ones. I only stopped using it because of breakout city where I had to switch to an acne treatment line.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I liked that AH wash too and didn't think it was as drying as most sudsy ones. I only stopped using it because of breakout city where I had to switch to an acne treatment line.
Any signs of a breakout and I use Noxema's Triple Clean (has Triclosan which freaks people out, but I believe it's useful in moderation.) Love this facial wash!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:11 AM

Ooh...buying that as my next drugstore trial. Since my skin is clear now I may move off the proactiv to save a few bucks and prevent my skin from getting used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty