U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:56 PM

12 posts, read 70,784 times

Advertisements

I am a handbag & shoe women . I LOVE shopping for new shoes and handbags . To say the least my closet is full to the rim with my favorite assesories ! I have a few different kinds of designer purses , mostly Bebe ... but all of my handbags are authentic & I've paid atleast $200 for each (Im very proud of my collection) . My thing is I want to spice up my collection by adding a Juicy Couture purse , they are very adorable but a little on the expensive side . I went browsing the internet to see if I could find some sites that sale Juciy Couture alittle cheaper then department store prices ... & Ive came across a few sites . After a little more research it turns out that these sites are offering fake Juicy Couture handbags at killer cheap prices . I've never ever ever thought about buying a fake handbag but the more I think about all the money I would save it makes me think about buying a fake one more & more . $300 would be enough to buy one purse and one wallet fomr JuicyCouture.com or at Macy's ... but online at these others sites $300 would get me 4 purses 4 wallets and a pair of Juicy Couture Sunglasses !!!!! Just thinking about the savings I would save is insane ( est. $225 savings !!!!!!!) Im torn ... I can afford to buy the authentic Juicy Couture but putting the saving I would save for other things is never a bad thing . Should I compromise my Name Brand - No Fake - Fully Paid handbag collection by adding a fake Juicy or should I continue with my passion for Real Fashion ? But ... the price for buying the fakes online is extreme ... first of all these fakes are made in China , theres a chance I could pay for my items & never receive them due to the long traveling distance from China to New Jersey , & then theres also the fact that even though online the handbags may look real theres a 90% chance they actually look fake & that really defeats the purpose of buying them in the first place ... so you can see where im torn . lOl . what is a girl to do ...?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 10:20 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,115,918 times
I wouldn't buy fakes for a few reasons:

- generally unethical
- who are you really supporting? Not the designer.
- I don't buy things to look pretty. I buy them because I want them. A fake is not going to fulfill that want.

If you want something to show off, a fake will do. It might not be the same quality, and it doesn't support the designer... but you'll accomplish what you want. But if you want a porche and buy a purche... you'll never fulfill your want (i'm a guy, so no handbag sample).

Old 09-30-2011, 12:37 AM

862 posts, read 2,262,085 times
I used to sell fake Chanel bags , jewelry and sunglasses at a boutique in Newport Beach CA. I was not fond of it, but the women who liked it seemed pretty happy with the quality.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:55 AM

403 posts, read 500,287 times
Ugh. I abhor fakes. Don't waste your money on one. Just save to buy the real thing.

And when did Juicy become designer bags? I'm not asking to be rude. I'm just shocked.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:10 AM

49 posts, read 117,753 times
Well, I’m not a girl. But I have something to tell you.
Do not ever buy fake things. You simply will be looking ridiculous in the eyes of those who really have designer stuff. If you can’t afford LV or Chanel then go for Ck, Donna Karan etc. If you can’t afford Ck or DK then just start saving your money up or buy Colin’s or Zara. That’s totally fine. But don’t pretend to be the one you’re not. That’s lame.
Don’t join the Fake Louis club.
PS Juicy Couture is not a designer label. This is just a brand.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:03 AM

12 posts, read 70,784 times
Ok every one seems to agree on the same thing , no fake !

-btw I never called Juicy Couture a designer , I said I had a few designer handbags in my closet but I never called Juicy one ... fyi - Just like Chanel Gucci or Louie Juicy Couture IS considered a DESIGNER brand , even through it is mass produced by a fashion company ( Liz Cailborne ) in the fashion industry Juicy Couture is designer ( a signature designer brand at that ) ... when you buy Juicy Couture your actually buying the label !

Old 09-30-2011, 08:15 AM

614 posts, read 1,403,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassbabyr View Post
I am a handbag & shoe women . I LOVE shopping for new shoes and handbags . To say the least my closet is full to the rim with my favorite assesories ! I have a few different kinds of designer purses , mostly Bebe ... but all of my handbags are authentic & I've paid atleast $200 for each (Im very proud of my collection) . My thing is I want to spice up my collection by adding a Juicy Couture purse , they are very adorable but a little on the expensive side . I went browsing the internet to see if I could find some sites that sale Juciy Couture alittle cheaper then department store prices ... & Ive came across a few sites . After a little more research it turns out that these sites are offering fake Juicy Couture handbags at killer cheap prices . I've never ever ever thought about buying a fake handbag but the more I think about all the money I would save it makes me think about buying a fake one more & more . $300 would be enough to buy one purse and one wallet fomr JuicyCouture.com or at Macy's ... but online at these others sites $300 would get me 4 purses 4 wallets and a pair of Juicy Couture Sunglasses !!!!! Just thinking about the savings I would save is insane ( est. $225 savings !!!!!!!) Im torn ... I can afford to buy the authentic Juicy Couture but putting the saving I would save for other things is never a bad thing . Should I compromise my Name Brand - No Fake - Fully Paid handbag collection by adding a fake Juicy or should I continue with my passion for Real Fashion ? But ... the price for buying the fakes online is extreme ... first of all these fakes are made in China , theres a chance I could pay for my items & never receive them due to the long traveling distance from China to New Jersey , & then theres also the fact that even though online the handbags may look real theres a 90% chance they actually look fake & that really defeats the purpose of buying them in the first place ... so you can see where im torn . lOl . what is a girl to do ...?

^^If sporting a knock-off doesn't bother you, then go for it! As for me, I want the REAL thing.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassbabyr View Post
Ok every one seems to agree on the same thing , no fake !

-btw I never called Juicy Couture a designer , I said I had a few designer handbags in my closet but I never called Juicy one ... fyi - Just like Chanel Gucci or Louie Juicy Couture IS considered a DESIGNER brand , even through it is mass produced by a fashion company ( Liz Cailborne ) in the fashion industry Juicy Couture is designer ( a signature designer brand at that ) ... when you buy Juicy Couture your actually buying the label !
It's still not a designer brand. Those bags are hideous. I know everyone has different taste but the bags just have no style. I think people are confused by the word "Couture."

Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 AM

614 posts, read 1,403,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
It's still not a designer brand. Those bags are hideous. I know everyone has different taste but the bags just have no style. I think people are confused by the word "Couture."

^^^Personally, I don't see the appealing factor(s) about the Juicy C. brand. Maybe it's targeting a younger consumer and I'm not a "youngin'"....

Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
^^^Personally, I don't see the appealing factor(s) about the Juicy C. brand. Maybe it's targeting a younger consumer and I'm not a "youngin'"....
You have a point. My cousin wanted some Juicy handbags because all the girls in her high school had them. High school being the operative words here. I think that may be their target consumer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty