Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:32 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,290,191 times

Advertisements

Flat-ironed hair. I didn't even try it for forever, because I prefer embracing my natural wave, especially when everyone else was making theirs stick straight. But it's a nice change of pace from time to time. And it's not so pervasive anymore, so I feel better doing it than when it was super trendy.

I also didn't ever thing I'd wear bangs again, after having come of age as a middle schooler and high schooler in the early nineties big, crunchy, aerosol hairsprayed bang explosion era. But, now, twenty years later, finally re-embraced bangs. Of course, now, they're longish, blunt, and not hairsprayed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 AM

109 posts, read 126,060 times
Flared jeans. I was in hs when they came back. I thought, no way. The look was so 70s, and retro just wasn't my thing. But I realized they were cool and very shapely. I eventually gave up all my straight legged jeans for them. Now that skinnies are the staple, flares are creeping back up the racks.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,463,760 times
Leggings. I never thought I'd wear them EVER, but then my mom bought me a pair of them and a tunic shirt at Christmas, and now I have 4 pairs of leggings, a lot of calf-length boots (and summer shoes to wear too) and a lot of longer shirts. I like the look nowadays. I like how the tunic shirts hide my butt, lol!

Also for the Ugg boots - I have a knockoff pair but they are still comfy, love wearing them in the dead of winter...like your feet are finally warm!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,941,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazermunsta View Post
Flared jeans. I was in hs when they came back. I thought, no way. The look was so 70s, and retro just wasn't my thing. But I realized they were cool and very shapely. I eventually gave up all my straight legged jeans for them.
Funny. I resisted them forever, too. I thought they made me look fat for some reason. Actually, that's probably the most universally flattering shape. That's all I wear now.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:31 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,908,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazermunsta View Post
Flared jeans. I was in hs when they came back. I thought, no way. The look was so 70s, and retro just wasn't my thing. But I realized they were cool and very shapely. I eventually gave up all my straight legged jeans for them. Now that skinnies are the staple, flares are creeping back up the racks.
Yes. The fashion industry can only make money by convincing women that the 'old look' is passe.

We are truly suckers to follow their dictates.

Maybe I'll get a pair of UGGS. Can you clean them?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,225,307 times
Pleated pants.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:37 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,134,681 times
A Coach purse. I didn't understand spending ridiculous amounts of money to essentially, carry my money. But my cheap $20 purses kept falling apart. Yeah, this Coach purse will probably be with me forever.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,290,191 times
Hah. I waited until one was given to me as a gift. It is indeed a solid handbag that shows no signs of wear or tear. But I still wouldn't have spent money on it. And if I lost it tomorrow, I wouldn't pay to replace it.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM

7,316 posts, read 5,440,341 times
Jeggings. I bought a pair of knee high black boots and my regular jeans bunched up around the top of the boot. So I bought a pair of jeggings, no bunching problem now.
I am obssessed with Minnetanka moccasin booties! There are two pairs I want but haven't bought them yet.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:30 PM

861 posts, read 1,119,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Jeggings. I bought a pair of knee high black boots and my regular jeans bunched up around the top of the boot. So I bought a pair of jeggings, no bunching problem now.
I am obssessed with Minnetanka moccasin booties! There are two pairs I want but haven't bought them yet.
This reminds me, another thing I used to DESPISE was leggings, but now I love them. They're so comfy and perfect for date night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty