Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:58 PM

402 posts, read 589,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Sure you do, honey......just keep repeating that to yourself, perhaps sooner or later you will believe it.
Sorry if the truth hurts.
LOL. Pathetic. I guess you need to tell yourself this in order to feel good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 12:16 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
LV is over priced in my opinion...including their misc things like shoes and shades. The wife broke a pair of LV shades the other day...just cheap crud! Couch all depends, I don't mind spending 500.00 on an all leather bag for the wife but I'll pass on the vinyl We got a Couch bag for a dyhper bag to use for our son almost 10 yrs ago. It's used as our misc travel bag for planes now and still in great shape! The same thing for Chanel etc. They seem to use a lot of vinyl and fabric? Pretty soon I'm going to be out of bag gifting choices

Old 10-10-2011, 05:01 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
My overpriced radar really depends on the brand and what the bag is made of. I find a $700 Coach straw bag to be overpriced but have no issues with a $10,000 birkin because I know that the quality is there. Straw should never cost more than $25. I know it sounds weird but that's just how I gauge it.
How about this? I googled the bag because I wanted to look at it; here's one for ... oh, only $280,000.

Hermes Birkin Handbag 35cm Blue Sahphire Diamond Porosous Crocodile

Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
My wife has a nice selection of handbags. Gucci, Dior etc. All bought in Turkey for less than
$30 each. All fake of course, but real nice, quality leather, and really expensive looking!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 AM

49 posts, read 135,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
My wife has a nice selection of handbags. Gucci, Dior etc. All bought in Turkey for less than
$30 each. All fake of course, but real nice, quality leather, and really expensive looking!!!
I guess the next step would be buying a turkish Rolex, then a chinese BMW …

Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 AM

615 posts, read 1,675,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
My overpriced radar really depends on the brand and what the bag is made of. I find a $700 Coach straw bag to be overpriced but have no issues with a $10,000 birkin because I know that the quality is there. Straw should never cost more than $25. I know it sounds weird but that's just how I gauge it.

WOW! $10k for a hand bag?! You must be very "privileged" to want to/be able to dish out that type of money for a purse. Even if I had the $$$, I would not spend it on a bag, but that's moi. lol

I never heard of them, so I looked them up online. If anyone is interested in reading about this elusive/high-end line of bags;

Birkin bag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S.: Its prices range from $9,000 to $150,000.

Quote:
How about this? I googled the bag because I wanted to look at it; here's one for ... oh, only $280,000.

Hmmm...Wikipedia is wrong then! They quoted those bags as stated above. I guess the more customized i.e. bling, etc...you want the more $$$!

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave::My wife has a nice selection of handbags. Gucci, Dior etc. All bought in Turkey for less than

^^Hey; there is nothing wrong with this. If it "works" for her then so be it! I have friends that have traveled to Turkey and have done massive shopping there. I'm not sure what they paid for what, but they appeared to be happy. lol

Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

I love the croc diamond birkins. My Hermes SA took one out of the vault to show me last year and it's even more beautiful in person. Again, based on the materials of the bag and what it takes to make it, I'm not bothered by that price tag. But when I see LV trying to reach the same demographic as Hermes without the same quality, that's when I see the bags as overpriced.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
LV is over priced in my opinion...including their misc things like shoes and shades. The wife broke a pair of LV shades the other day...just cheap crud! Couch all depends, I don't mind spending 500.00 on an all leather bag for the wife but I'll pass on the vinyl We got a Couch bag for a dyhper bag to use for our son almost 10 yrs ago. It's used as our misc travel bag for planes now and still in great shape! The same thing for Chanel etc. They seem to use a lot of vinyl and fabric? Pretty soon I'm going to be out of bag gifting choices
Chanel bags have gone downhill in my opinion and Im starting to think they are overpriced as well.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Why do women pay so much for a purse? It seems like such a waste! I was in a dept store recently looking for a present and the ones from LV seemed like they were made of of some hard cheap material.

They are expensive to make them EXCLUSIVE. Designers don't want everyone carrying their bags.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
WOW! $10k for a hand bag?! You must be very "privileged" to want to/be able to dish out that type of money for a purse. Even if I had the $$$, I would not spend it on a bag, but that's moi. lol

My wife recently sold TWO $18K handbags to the same client. People with money do not care about price. They want to feel special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty