Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 05:46 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,527,784 times

Advertisements

Can someone suggest a good neck cream for mature skin? My face is normal, but my neck seems on the dry-normal side. I really hate the crepey-ness that comes with age, and am looking for a good cream that will go into my skin and plump it up. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 05:56 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,236,101 times
I have both Dr. Denese and Dr. Perricone and they are good; however, many times I just use my nighttime moisturizer on my neck. This week it is Philosophy's Miracle Worker. I also have Mary Kay's serum, and I also use that on both my face and neck. I have heard people say that those who have used Ponds forever actually have the best skin texture. I'm thinking of going in that direction once I have used up all of my products.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:04 AM

Isn't Ponds just a cleanser? I, also, have found those who use it seem to have the best skin.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:17 AM

I don't really know if Ponds is just a cleanser but I am going to take a look at it.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 AM

I recently purchased Philosophy's When Hope is not Enough. Maybe cause it's winter here, but it just does not do the job. It goes on greasy, but absorbs very, very fast into the skin. It just doesn't do much for me, unfortunately; and I read tons of reviews before I purchase it, so this has been disappointing to say the least.
SXMGirl, maybe age has something to do with it? I'm 65, so I really need something stronger than for someone in their 30's I guess--even tho my skin would be considered normal and not dry.
I used La Mer for a few years at night--you cannot use it under makeup as it is just too oily--and it did wonders for my skin...and absolutely nothing for my pocketbook. I wish I could find comparable--but much cheaper. I hate to re-spend for La Mer's quality, but if I have to....sigh.
La Mer was so good that I broke out in red spots--which the Dermatologist saw and seemed flip about (non-cancerous, anyway)--that I put La Mer on them and they faded. It really works for me...but darn! the cost is ridiculous.
If you buy La Mer, tho, the only way to go is the 16 oz. and use it slowly. It will remain good for 3 years at full quality I felt. Still came to $333 a year at that time. Now it's alot more expensive than the $1,000 I spent for it. I had to justify it by breaking the price down to months, which then was tolerable at $28 a month. Cheaper than a face lift...and I did my own hair, nails, exercising, etc. to save for it (in short, I pay nobody to do anything for me). Do I have to go back to that?
Any suggestions as to a strong, good cream--especially for my neck--that is cheaper than La Mer?

Old 01-11-2010, 08:14 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,145,930 times
I never heard of La Mer before. Had no idea there were face creams that cost that much. I tried to find an ingredients list so I could see just what makes it so expensive but there wasn't one. From what I could figure out, the "secret" is in the "bio-fermentation process" of how it is made. No doubt a secret as closely guarded as that of the formula for Coke.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:22 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,589,545 times
Shiseido's Benefiance line has a good neck cream.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:33 AM

36,332 posts, read 15,930,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I never heard of La Mer before. Had no idea there were face creams that cost that much. I tried to find an ingredients list so I could see just what makes it so expensive but there wasn't one. From what I could figure out, the "secret" is in the "bio-fermentation process" of how it is made. No doubt a secret as closely guarded as that of the formula for Coke.

Hmm I looked it up too. Hand cream for 70.00. I tried to find ingredient list, but did watch a short video. That's a lot of money for cream but I would buy it if I had the money, for my face and neck, if it worked wonders.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 AM

Diane Young has a coneflower neck cream that gets great reviews. The thing about WHINE is that before you put it on, you have to break it down with the heat of your fingers. I'm only in my 30's in my mind, but I usually just use a regular moisturizer on my neck unless I remember to use the neck one. My neck is in good shape right now but I know that I need to keep up the moisturizing in one way or another.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,164,151 times
You need to exfoliate your neck 2x a week. Alpha Hydrox drugstore lotion is really good for this and cheap. Using a toss away make-up sponge on that area in the shower helps too(to get off dead skin). Then you should layer on your lotion. Try strivectin's cream. Its expensive but very good. I would give your exfoliation + alpha lotion a couple weeks to get some fresh skin on the surface. The dullness of the dead skin adds to the creases.

During the day you may want to refresh your face and neck area with a rosewater+ glycerin mix.

Heritage Products, Rosewater & Glycerin, Atomizer Mist Sprayer, 4 fl oz (120 ml) - iHerb.com

^cheap!

If its still crepy/loose you may want to look into masks for the face that tighten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty