U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 07:34 AM

1,109 posts, read 1,982,981 times

Advertisements

Why do women feel the need to go blonde?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 08:09 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,056,033 times
I think some people think they will get prettier by dyeing (sp?) their hair blonde, which most likely isn't true.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:59 PM

862 posts, read 2,265,251 times
I have always noticed that women with assymetric features or a strong jaw or nose look better some times with the softer look of golden hair.

Dark or brunette hair frames the face and showcases symmetrical and even features more than light hair.

This is why Jennifer Aniston shines as a blonde and Angelina Jolie stays brunette even though Aniston is naturally brunette and Jolie is naturally dark blonde/dishwater.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:03 PM

4,507 posts, read 6,739,634 times
IMO, I think Aniston looks way better with darker hair...a darker blonde with highlights. Same with Jessica Parker, she goes too blonde sometimes, looks good with darker blonde.

As far as going blonde, men always say it is the most sexy haircolor (I don't necessarily agree) but it is still the most popular color in the US. A woman definitely gets more attention from men as a blonde. Now I really don't like blonde/light hair on guys at all.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:11 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,819,690 times
About 95% of the time it is obvious and right off the bat conclusions (whether right or wrong) are drawn about people who dye their hair blond.

"...she must not like herself..."
"...anybody that wastes money like that..."

I wonder if there is a correlation with people who dye their hair blond with the amount of time they read People, Glamor, Self, and other magazines of that nature.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:20 PM

11,437 posts, read 19,463,654 times
Because I'm blonde. I'm an medium/dark ash blonde. My hair isn't graying a ton, but I am losing pigment in my hair... so I use a light ash blonde hair color every once in a while to tone it up.

That's also why I dye my eyebrows -- other wise they fade away to nothing.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:04 PM

18,720 posts, read 4,711,150 times
My natural hair is a honey color blonde.
When I was young I dyed it lighter and darker
just for something different.
I haven't dyed it since about 1980.
Now it's getting grey. Boo hoo, I'll miss the blonde...

Old 10-22-2011, 04:07 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,038,111 times
Because I had blonde hair my first 30 years... It feels odd when it goes darker year after year, I feel stranger to look at me. I always wait to see that white hair girl I know and there is some corn headed old woman now in the mirror No idea who that one is ... Some day I guess I start to color it to white again ... Or then I am not...

Old 10-22-2011, 04:28 AM

220 posts, read 470,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Because I had blonde hair my first 30 years... It feels odd when it goes darker year after year, I feel stranger to look at me. I always wait to see that white hair girl I know and there is some corn headed old woman now in the mirror No idea who that one is ... Some day I guess I start to color it to white again ... Or then I am not...
I think the OP was referring to people who were not naturally blonde. I always thought blonde in a bottle added to the features of a non blonde a bit out of sync myself but I guess that is the new look for the ages.

I use to have lighter brown/blonde hair and blue eyes, like my grandfather, until I started keeping up with politics..

*@ features - dark eyes, thick darker eyebrows and body hair, and thicker hair

Old 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,534,151 times
I used to work with a girl whose dark hair was so heavily frosted that it made her look blonde. I cannot stand the light-hair-with-dark-roots look ~ never got used to it. I much prefer to see dark-turned-blond hair to be ALL lightened, with perhaps lighter highlights if needed.

My very favorite blond shade is a honey blond that is not too common naturally. But my sister-in-law had honey-blond hair when she was young, a rich heavily golden very shiny color. Loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty