Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 04:42 PM

719 posts, read 1,552,899 times

Advertisements

That height / weight is not abnormal at all. Now 112 would be a bit scary, but depending on your frame I would think 125-145 should be fine for an active/healthy teen.
I was close to you in HS. 5' 6" and 125 lbs. and played many sports. No need to worry if you don't play sports, just try to stay active.
You are fine. No need to worry so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,774 times
I was a scrawny young guy, but now I'm older and I see lots of men my age with more belly than is good for them. Meanwhile when I go for a checkup my doctor says "How do you keep the weight off?" So you may get the last laugh.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:31 PM

10 posts, read 12,128 times
I'd worry more about your emotions, and mental state. But it's never a bad thing to put on some weight.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:39 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonisgrowing View Post
who ever thought it would be so hard to gain weight. wow
It can be really hard to make yourself eat when you don't have the appetite for it. I hate to be wasteful so I will sometimes eat what's left on my plate even when I don't want anymore, and it makes me gag. When your brain says "no more", it can be hard to battle it.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:59 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
Number one: Get out of that horrid emo style.

Just kidding...if it's who you are...then it's who you are

Seriously, your dimensions make you seem like you might be a little on the skinny side, so I think you should educate yourself on proper nutrition- eating the right foods- so that you can gain weight. Also, start working out regularly and focus mostly on weights and less on cardio. That should help you.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:24 PM

245 posts, read 519,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonisgrowing View Post
I just wanted to know if i was skinny and if i should put on some weight. doctors have told me i should, so im guessing yes. I'm 15, 5"9' and i weigh 126 right now. I got down to 112 lbs and the highest i got was 142. where's a decent spot?

I do like to wear skinnier clothes..AE, gap, hot topic. so what would a girl think of that.

also, im emo, but im not really suicidal anymore. random girls have come up to me and said i was hot, but it's kind of random, and i don't like it too much. No, i am not gay.

Should i try to tone down on caring about what i look like so much, or just ignore them. sorry, lots of questions. just wanted to know what people think.

I'm 5'9 and 114 lbs. My weight doesn't shift like yours does, I'm just skinny. My doctor never said anything about my weight though, probably because my weight doesn't seem to yoyo like yours does.

O_o Oh wait you're a guy? Yeah, you're skinny. Gain some muscle...

Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 PM

10 posts, read 12,128 times
I have a friend who's emo and he's a really great guy. I don't see why people pick on emo people..

Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 PM

24 posts, read 40,002 times
i also a little skinny , it's so difficult for me to put some weight . it;s also a problem for me as some one wanna lost weight

Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,043,217 times
Our oldest son is on the skinny side of the spectrum. I worried over him quite a bit but our doctor has assured us he's fine. He has a huge appetite but he's extremely physically active so he burns a ton of calories every day.

OP - I'd trust your doctor, but also listen to your body. If your not hungry, don't feel like you have to eat. If you are hungry, eat.

But certainly do not starve yourself and don't try to lose weight. You don't want to end up with liver or kidney problems or fragile bones that break easily or excess body hair that can be kind of gross (it happens to people who diet too much or have too low a body weight/too low body fat). You shouldn't have to make your body ill in order to wear the clothes you like to wear. That's ridiculous.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:35 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,654 times
Fat is the new skinny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty