Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 04:49 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD_JT_14221 View Post
You gotta remember though, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
I'm a guy and I've been with guy friends out somewhere and they say "Whoa, did you see that woman walk in? She's a perfect 10" and I look and say "which one?"
Point is, what you find flawless is not what everyone else finds flawless. And there really are people who don't get totally hung up on physical appearances too. I don't like vanity...
I pride myself on having this character trait. I'm not impressed or overwhelmed by your curves, your eyes, your legs. I place value on my girl being healthy, happy, self-confident and funny. If they are all those things, chances are they're a 10 to me!
I agree but I think the original post was about on sight beauty not after getting to know someone. Though I respect your worth of what is beautiful, I am sure you didn't know the value of your girl's personality until you knew her over time. I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 04:59 PM

719 posts, read 1,552,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I agree but I think the original post was about on sight beauty not after getting to know someone. Though I respect your worth of what is beautiful, I am sure you didn't know the value of your girl's personality until you knew her over time. I could be wrong.
You're correct. You don't know those things until you get to know someone. Maybe my response was not well worded to address the OP.
I'm not trying to discount being attracted to someone at first sight. I just think it's fleeting to base too much off it. Have I been attracted to people based on their looks? Yes. Have I then found out in short order there was nothing there? Heck yes.
The thread just caught my attention so I decided to chime in. I normally don't look at this sub-forum, but the thread title lured me in. LOL

Old 10-26-2011, 05:46 PM

27 posts, read 62,666 times
I am positive there are different ways of experiencing this. I have known women who bask in their beauty and the attention it brings them. I don't even mean that in a condemnatory way, just that they make the most of a gift. I have known aesthetically exceptional women who were angered (or at least irritated) that their own beauty eclipsed the rest of their traits and characteristics. I have known an unearthly beauty who honestly didn't believe that she was.

There is no universal answer to this question.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:53 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
I've tried to explain to people what it is like but they just don't understand.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:41 PM

314 posts, read 817,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Society has determined that physical beauty of a certain type is the number one trait a woman can have, otherwise these women would not get some much attention and fame.

So, what is it like to be just incredibly physically beautiful?
Untrue! What society? There are many societies. Each society has their own interpretation of beauty. If you are talking about Western society's standards on PHYSICAL beauty, most will say thin - (well what is considered thin), tall - (but not too tall), big boobs, big butt (but toned)? Who knows what else??? But did you know in parts of Africa being "thin" is not desired and being heavy is! Maybe in the African American community a butt that is considered FAT according to Anglo-Saxons is completely fine and desirable. There are too many standards on what beauty is..so just having a confidence and not being a ***** about it, brings out the beauty..

Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
tend to narcissist. not much empathy. life is easier for them.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:52 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,029,976 times
People tend to treat you really nice.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:14 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
I don't think there's an answer to this -- everyone's experience with it will be different. Some will be lonely, because men won't approach them and women will hate them, some will be happy, because of their natures, some will be drug addicts because they will be abused....

Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,331 times
Come one folks.

Beauty is skin deep.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Besides Beauty only last for so long.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:30 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,292,638 times
I had a friend like that. She had glistening blond hair with beautiful blue eyes, pretty features (a cross between Kim Basinger and Pam Anderson), and a great smile. Not a perfect figure by any means ~ small busted but very buff, in shape. And a friendly and likable person. She turned heads wherever she went and could have had her pick of anybody.

Inside, quite troubled. Lousy tastes in men. Litigious (I swear, she sued people as her way of getting in the last 'word'). Self-absorbed. But I also saw her compassionate and kinder side, too.

Sometimes I envied her, but I'm glad that I'm NOT her, quite frankly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty