U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2011, 04:11 PM
 
Location: in your dreams
10,892 posts, read 13,499,922 times
Reputation: 15338

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post

- Inspector Sledge Hammer
You just got a million cool points for this one!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,020 posts, read 25,470,069 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I find it pretty funny that the men saying men who wear makeup are "ghey" but they get pedicures & facials.

(BTW, good that some men are grooming themselves. Particularly if they expect women to)

Did the whole goth thing pass everyone by? Guys have been wearing makeup forever. Roman men even donned mascara back in the day....

OP if you want to wear it, wear it. As previously stated, make sure you get the right tone, and use it sparingly.
I just scheduled a microderm facial appointment tomorrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2011, 06:15 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,977 posts, read 29,565,513 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Strange, I have the same opinion of men who wear PERFUME (aka Cologne).
Really?!? That definitely makes you a strange person. Never heard of anyone saying that before. Very weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Here&There
2,209 posts, read 3,607,169 times
Reputation: 2423
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I find it pretty funny that the men saying men who wear makeup are "ghey" but they get pedicures & facials.

(BTW, good that some men are grooming themselves. Particularly if they expect women to)

Did the whole goth thing pass everyone by? Guys have been wearing makeup forever. Roman men even donned mascara back in the day....

OP if you want to wear it, wear it. As previously stated, make sure you get the right tone, and use it sparingly.
This is what you call a more educated opinion than the a-man-is-a-man, a-woman-is-a-woman, and-you're-gay-if-you-do-otherwise grunting drivel comments being displayed. So thank you, Artemis.

OP, if you're going to use it like you say (which doesn't seem all too bad, from reading), I would suggest to get several friends to cross check it, make sure it's unnoticeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,371 posts, read 17,963,077 times
Reputation: 18405
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Any men out there wear make-up? whether it's foundation or anything else?

I'm not talking like wearing make-up like a girl, where one applies foundation, blush, eye-liner, mascara, etc. .

I'm talking something that just evens out ur skin tone, to give ur skin a refreshed, even tone and look?

I just found out of a man that wears foundation and I never even knew it, I was shocked, yet his skin looked amazing. It kind of has me thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
This is what you call a more educated opinion than the a-man-is-a-man, a-woman-is-a-woman, and-you're-gay-if-you-do-otherwise grunting drivel comments being displayed. So thank you, Artemis.

OP, if you're going to use it like you say (which doesn't seem all too bad, from reading), I would suggest to get several friends to cross check it, make sure it's unnoticeable.
The OP contradicts himself...first states he's not talking about foundation, then goes on to say he's curious about using foundation.

When you open yourself up for diverse opinions, that's what you'll get. Dismissing others opinions that are different from yours as drivel because you fancy yourself progressive and educated is snooty and obnoxious at the very least.

I don't think most men would think twice if a guy wanted to touch over a zit or blemish here and there, but when you go on about full on foundation on a man, why would you expect a majority of men or women to support that? Is that the rest of us unwashed masses just don't "get it"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Here&There
2,209 posts, read 3,607,169 times
Reputation: 2423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The OP contradicts himself...first states he's not talking about foundation, then goes on to say he's curious about using foundation.
No, not so much a contradiction. Try reading it again.

Quote:
When you open yourself up for diverse opinions, that's what you'll get. Dismissing others opinions that are different from yours as drivel because you fancy yourself progressive and educated is snooty and obnoxious at the very least.
Wrong. Here, I'll quote my own statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
This is what you call a more educated opinion than the a-man-is-a-man, a-woman-is-a-woman, and-you're-gay-if-you-do-otherwise grunting drivel comments being displayed. So thank you, Artemis.
It's not because of the "reason" you mentioned (which by the way is a fallacy and not what I was arguing at all), it's because comments are being made using "gay/ghey" as a pejorative. That's like me saying oh, you're wearing loose pants, that makes you a black person. Does that seem right to you? Are you really defending ignorance here?

And also, refrain from personal attacks, yeah? Illogical arguments often resort to personal attacks when they've got nothing left. Yet another fallacy.

Quote:
I don't think most men would think twice if a guy wanted to touch over a zit or blemish here and there, but when you go on about full on foundation on a man, why would you expect a majority of men or women to support that? Is that the rest of us unwashed masses just don't "get it"?
I don't expect them to support it, but I don't respect using other types of people in a negative way to justify it. Do you get it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Florida
3,359 posts, read 6,524,268 times
Reputation: 1891
What's the big deal, men, males, wear make up all the time in the news rooms, before they go on air...hannity does, Bill O Reiley does, Herolado does...

TV, and make-up go hand in hand, regardless of gender...

Make up, earings, jewelry, even nail polish application have absolutly nothing what so ever to do with gender orientation....

Now if your a guy, who's wearing make up or earings, you can't help what kind of response it may evoke in the guy passing you on the street....

Just because you turn another guy on, do to physical bionic hardwired reaction, doesn't mean 'you're' gay, for you are not the one who reacted...rather it's the one reacting to you, whose sexuality might be in question....(read again...promise it'll make sense)

it's all about 'intentions'....

If a guy is wearing make up with the specific intention of attracting another male, well duh....

But if a guys wearing make up just to make self look better, or feel better...than again...duh....

It's all about intentions...and only the person applying the make-up knows that...their intentions that is...

But then again, if and while walking down the street, and other guys are attracted to them cause they have on make-up...it's not their fault what other guys are attracted to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,371 posts, read 17,963,077 times
Reputation: 18405
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
No, not so much a contradiction. Try reading it again.



Wrong. Here, I'll quote my own statement:



It's not because of the "reason" you mentioned (which by the way is a fallacy and not what I was arguing at all), it's because comments are being made using "gay/ghey" as a pejorative. That's like me saying oh, you're wearing loose pants, that makes you a black person. Does that seem right to you? Are you really defending ignorance here?

And also, refrain from personal attacks, yeah? Illogical arguments often resort to personal attacks when they've got nothing left. Yet another fallacy.



I don't expect them to support it, but I don't respect using other types of people in a negative way to justify it. Do you get it?
It is a contradiction, whether you want to admit it or not. No one is making personal attacks, besides your implication that those who contributed an opposing viewpoint are uneducated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Here&There
2,209 posts, read 3,607,169 times
Reputation: 2423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It is a contradiction, whether you want to admit it or not. No one is making personal attacks,
Wrong. Read the OP carefully, each word as they appear from left to right. Here's a hint, "not ... like a girl".

This is what you said and I'll quote because it seems, well here it is agian:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Dismissing others opinions that are different from yours as drivel because you fancy yourself progressive and educated is snooty and obnoxious at the very least.
Pay attention to the bold words followed by the underlined words.

Quote:
besides your implication that those who contributed an opposing viewpoint are uneducated.
Wrong again. This is what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
This is what you call a more educated opinion than the a-man-is-a-man, a-woman-is-a-woman, and-you're-gay-if-you-do-otherwise grunting drivel comments being displayed. So thank you, Artemis.
It isn't the same. I'm commenting on their comments, not them personally. Understand the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Florida
3,359 posts, read 6,524,268 times
Reputation: 1891
You would think we were discussing nuclear theory or something...

Or you all...cause I'm not apart of the discussion...but before I sign off for the night...

Let's just cut through the chase...

Guys who think they're 'straight' or who think they can contain their gender preference in some kind of convient box...are the most annoyed by the concept of another male wearing make-up....

The visual just 'triggers' a bionic reaction in them...so rather than deal with their own internal reaction, they externalize it, and go after the one wearing the make up or wig or whatever (you could fill in the blank with any 'prop')....

They just don't understand the physiology of the body...
'Your moral'...your bodies base instincts aren't....

Anyways...I know this is to advanced for some...so good night...and happy Halloween...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:14 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top