Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,985,828 times

Advertisements

I was shopping for a coat today at Filene's Basement and I found one I really liked but I have never even heard of the brand before. It is Cinzia Rocca. The coat was labeled as having a retail value of $1025! That is insane, if you ask me. I didn't pay anything close to that; in fact I paid less than 20% of that value. So what is the deal with Cinzia Rocca? Would anyone actually pay $1000 for a Cinzia Rocca coat? If so, what makes it so great?

The coat seems nice and all and is well cut, but I wonder if there's more to it? I'm just curious since I've never heard of the brand before. I'm going to keep the coat regardless because it fits me well, but if anyone does know something about the brand, I'm curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 07:54 AM

615 posts, read 1,675,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
I was shopping for a coat today at Filene's Basement and I found one I really liked but I have never even heard of the brand before. It is Cinzia Rocca. The coat was labeled as having a retail value of $1025! That is insane, if you ask me. I didn't pay anything close to that; in fact I paid less than 20% of that value. So what is the deal with Cinzia Rocca? Would anyone actually pay $1000 for a Cinzia Rocca coat? If so, what makes it so great?

The coat seems nice and all and is well cut, but I wonder if there's more to it? I'm just curious since I've never heard of the brand before. I'm going to keep the coat regardless because it fits me well, but if anyone does know something about the brand, I'm curious.

^^Never heard of, but there are TONS of high-end designers. This one is obviously Italian. I Googled and;

"Cinzia Rocca is a luxury Fashion Brand, specializing in women's outerwear. This italian-made coat company is best known for its quality and craftsmanship and its' modern design and practicality."

There isn't "more" to it; you typically pay top dollar for Italian made apparel and there are many who have no qualms paying retail for these items.

Filene's is AWESOME for obtaining discount designer items. Enjoy your coat and be happy that you did not pay top-dollar for it!

Old 11-02-2011, 10:14 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,985,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
^^Never heard of, but there are TONS of high-end designers. This one is obviously Italian. I Googled and;

"Cinzia Rocca is a luxury Fashion Brand, specializing in women's outerwear. This italian-made coat company is best known for its quality and craftsmanship and its' modern design and practicality."

There isn't "more" to it; you typically pay top dollar for Italian made apparel and there are many who have no qualms paying retail for these items.

Filene's is AWESOME for obtaining discount designer items. Enjoy your coat and be happy that you did not pay top-dollar for it!
Thanks for the reply!

I love Filene's, too. Did you hear they are filing bankruptcy? How sad...

My sister and I both got our wedding dresses there at the Running of the Brides sales. It was great; we didn't get their early or wait in line or anything, we both went in the middle of the day. Everyone there was really nice and we both got great deals on dresses we never would have considered paying full retail for. I go to the State Street Filene's in Chicago a couple times a week. I'll be sad to see them go.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Thanks for the reply!

I love Filene's, too. Did you hear they are filing bankruptcy? How sad...

My sister and I both got our wedding dresses there at the Running of the Brides sales. It was great; we didn't get their early or wait in line or anything, we both went in the middle of the day. Everyone there was really nice and we both got great deals on dresses we never would have considered paying full retail for. I go to the State Street Filene's in Chicago a couple times a week. I'll be sad to see them go.
Hi Nikita:

Yes, I did hear they are declaring bankruptcy! (Ashame) Along w/their parent company Syms by the end of this year if I am not mistaken.

RE: Running of the Brides; INSANE! ahahaha Saw an excerpt on TV and the women were like "lunatics" making a "dive" for all the dresses! ahahaha I mean this in a funny way; not to be insulting. Heck, if this can save you money, why not!!!

Be well.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:12 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,047,572 times
Filene's Basement still exists?

And here I thought Filene's Basement was gone along with the original Filene's 5 years ago.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:26 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post

And here I thought Filene's Basement was gone along with the original Filene's 5 years ago.

I thought the same thing!

Old 11-03-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post

It did here in NY and apparently in Chi-town where the OP resides. Maybe they closed they one's in your home town? Nonetheless, they'll be closed all over soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty