U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-02-2011, 05:13 AM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
27,994 posts, read 46,352,092 times
Reputation: 19398

Advertisements

LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KTLA) -- If you've always wanted blue eyes, but have brown instead, there might be something you can do to change that.

A doctor in Laguna Beach called Stroma Medical says it can use laser technology to change brown eyes to blue -- permanently -- without damaging vision.

Brown Eyes Turned Blue: Doctor Says He Can Turn Brown Eyes Blue -- Permanently - ktla.com (http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-brown-eyes-blue,0,7541425.story?track=rss - broken link)
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM
 
2,379 posts, read 4,282,348 times
Reputation: 3402
Hmm.. interesting. I'd love to know what the motivation is for the thousands of people he claims that have emailed him to change their eye color?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
Reputation: 42368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Hmm.. interesting. I'd love to know what the motivation is for the thousands of people he claims that have emailed him to change their eye color?
Vanity?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Gilbert Arizona
862 posts, read 2,262,085 times
Reputation: 1063
I am against this as it reduces distinctiveness amoung in one's heritage along with eyelid surgery, nose thinning and other procedures. My eyes have faded from mostly brown hazel to mostly green-blue hazel over the years, and honestly they had more sparkle when they were darker.
The blue will be probably grey blue like a babies first eye color, not a clear true blue like naturally blue eyed people have. I don't think it will be more attractive than rich brown eyes on people with that coloring. Just an especially high risk,expensive and stupid way for everyone to be Barbie or Ken.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:40 AM
 
2,490 posts, read 3,610,333 times
Reputation: 2865
Nah, I like my dark chocolate colored eyes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,790 posts, read 12,632,569 times
Reputation: 10007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Nah, I like my dark chocolate colored eyes.
Yeah, me too. Actually I want black eyes, or Betazed eyes for you Trekkies out there. Sign me up for that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Palm Beach County
614 posts, read 1,403,827 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KTLA) -- If you've always wanted blue eyes, but have brown instead, there might be something you can do to change that.

A doctor in Laguna Beach called Stroma Medical says it can use laser technology to change brown eyes to blue -- permanently -- without damaging vision.

Brown Eyes Turned Blue: Doctor Says He Can Turn Brown Eyes Blue -- Permanently - ktla.com (http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-brown-eyes-blue,0,7541425.story?track=rss - broken link)


I'll pass. I like how God (and my parents! hehe) created me!


However, can you all imagine if we all turned blue-eyed?! SCARY!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Washington County, ME
1,549 posts, read 2,239,339 times
Reputation: 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
I am against this as it reduces distinctiveness amoung in one's heritage along with eyelid surgery, nose thinning and other procedures. My eyes have faded from mostly brown hazel to mostly green-blue hazel over the years, and honestly they had more sparkle when they were darker.
The blue will be probably grey blue like a babies first eye color, not a clear true blue like naturally blue eyed people have. I don't think it will be more attractive than rich brown eyes on people with that coloring. Just an especially high risk,expensive and stupid way for everyone to be Barbie or Ken.
I agree.

Another very sad thing for people to be able to do to change themselves into someone else, and STILL not be happy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:24 PM
 
5,617 posts, read 13,387,287 times
Reputation: 2771
crazy and stupid, one slip of the hand and opps sorry!!! I would not even risk it. My sister is blind not a nice life. This is really over the top.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 03:53 PM
 
Location: middleboro, ma
184 posts, read 584,391 times
Reputation: 543
"They eyes are the windows to the soul," he says.

i wonder what changing one's eye color says about one's soul.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top