U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:28 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,337,228 times

Advertisements

I don't know what to do. Every pair of attractive women's shoes just kills my foot. I have tried at least 40 or 50 pairs on in the correct size and I cannot wear them. Most hit my foot right where the bone sticks out. My niece is getting married this Saturday and I am in a total quandary. I want to look good, but I dont' want to cripple myself. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 09:26 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
You can buy one of those ortho shoe/boots at a drug store and wear a flat on the other foot. Or buy cheap wide width shoes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:07 PM

21,482 posts, read 26,078,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I don't know what to do. Every pair of attractive women's shoes just kills my foot. I have tried at least 40 or 50 pairs on in the correct size and I cannot wear them. Most hit my foot right where the bone sticks out. My niece is getting married this Saturday and I am in a total quandary. I want to look good, but I dont' want to cripple myself. Any suggestions?
How about a pair of house slippers in a ballet style?

or these

Dressy Sneakers Shoes, Custom Dressy Sneakers Shoes, Keds Dressy Sneakers shoes

Wedding Sneakers Shoes, Custom Wedding Sneakers Shoes, Keds Wedding Sneakers shoes

Custom Bridal Sneakers and Decorated Wedding Tennies - Affordable Wedding Shoes

Time is your problem, though, for ordering off the net.

You could get a pair of plain white keds, hit the craft store, and do your own custom design!

Use a slip on, or choose a lace up style and swap the laces for a fancy ribbon or a bit of real lace.

When all is said and done, everyone will remember what the bride wore, not what was on your feet.

Wear something comfortable and enjoy the day.

Best wishes to the bridal couple.

Suzy Q

Who has not worn an uncomfortable shoe in years. Too many other potholes in the roads of life.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,421,193 times
Have you tried to wear one of those bunion pads with a shoe that is cut wide? You can pad the back heel to keep it from slipping.

But this shoe would be perfect:
Arcopedico L14 Black - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

It stretches as the top part is a fabric and it looks like a little flat. You could even wear them with jeans after so its not one pair of dress shoes you will never wear again.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:35 AM

885 posts, read 1,272,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How about a pair of house slippers...
That's what I was thinking - heck, they can be gold leatherette as long as they're comfortable for one day.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:27 AM

614 posts, read 1,403,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
What type of wedding is it, Cmacf1? Formal evening or day venue?

Have you tried the Naturalizer shoes?

This may not be of help for this event, but considering you have this issue. Try looking into this website. They specialize with ortho and other issues related to the feet.

FootSmart :: Comfortable Walking Shoes & Foot Pain Products for Heel Pain, Back Support & Foot Problems :: Comfort Footwear

http://www.footsmart.com/ProductList...FQd_5QodfWdlPg

Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM

2,379 posts, read 4,282,348 times
Could you buy the same show in two sizes? Wear the "right"size on good foot, and the wider size with bunion pad on the other?

I wouldn't stress it too much - everyone will be looking at the bride. If you chose one of the other options - sneakers, slippers, orthos I doubt anyone will pay much mind.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,337,228 times
Thanks!! I ended up buying Easy Spirit shoes in brown and black: Easy Spirit: New Arrivals > Rabat - Comfortable shoes for women

SOOOOO comfortable! And Bakeneko is right - nobody's going to be looking at my feet!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:48 PM

21,482 posts, read 26,078,274 times

Old 11-04-2011, 01:43 AM

5 posts, read 4,848 times
I read somewhere that this was just one of the fashion rules to separate buying shoes i Personally I will wear whether color I want whenever I want and anybody who has a problem with it can kick rocks.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or