Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:03 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
They're not professionals.
It's the Australian national champioonships - I would say that's rather professional. I might as well have dug up a picture from the Olympics, but it seems to me no proof could make you depart from your weird sexual hang-ups. Show me a picture of a professional runner wearing "shorts" below his knee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 09:14 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times
My private school had us wear shorts that short for athletic class and events.
Needless to say I wore sweats all the time.
Unless the shorts come to my knees I refuse to wear them.
And I barely wear shorts anyway.
I just do not like anyone seeing my body unless it was a lady I was about to have intimate relations with when I was sexually active and dating.

At the least a baggy tshirt and shorts when I am at home and if I answer the door I'm changing into some long sweats.

Last edited by nichirenx; 12-19-2011 at 09:27 AM..

Old 12-19-2011, 09:53 AM

The USA really is a mentally-****ed country.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
It's the Australian national champioonships - I would say that's rather professional. I might as well have dug up a picture from the Olympics, but it seems to me no proof could make you depart from your weird sexual hang-ups. Show me a picture of a professional runner wearing "shorts" below his knee.
Nice try. I never said below the knees. Most wear them at or just slightly above. Definitely not mid-thigh or shorter. Also, we're talking about the U.S. not Australia. You might as well have put up pics of Borneo tribesmen.

Oh I'm watching Monday Night Football and on the pre-game show Ben Roethlisberger is wearing shorts at the knee.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
That's Sammy Wanjiru, one of the greatest marathoners of the last few years, died last year at only 24 years old after falling from a balcony. He won gold in the marathon at the 2008 Olympics.

Said to be a drinker and carouser when not running 2:06 marathons, and had two wives-- '2 star general' in Kenyan parlance. His death was likely the outcome of a dispute regarding this. Whether accident, homocide, or suicide is still uncertain. RIP Sammy.

Runners are always looking for the minutest of edges, and thus don't like the long baggy shorts. Too much extra weight & added wind resistance.

Inspirational finish of Wanjiru at Chicago marathon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf8Ipw0QV7s

Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Nice try. I never said below the knees. Most wear them at or just slightly above. Definitely not mid-thigh or shorter. Also, we're talking about the U.S. not Australia. You might as well have put up pics of Borneo tribesmen.

Oh I'm watching Monday Night Football and on the pre-game show Ben Roethlisberger is wearing shorts at the knee.
I don't know about now, but I'm pretty sure marathon runners still wear those short shorts (about mid-thigh). It certainly makes more sense than wearing longer shorts that restrict movement.

I wanna hear more complaints about overweight women wearing 'shorts' that show off their ass-cheeks. I'm not gay but I'd rather see a fit guy sporting shorts like that, just as I'm sure women would rather see a fit girl than an overweight man in mini-shorts.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
The USA really is a mentally-****ed country.
Well, if men wearing short shorts is your only evidence, I'd say we're doing pretty well.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, if men wearing short shorts is your only evidence, I'd say we're doing pretty well.
Hardly, judging from this thread.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:00 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Let's face it, todays baggy denim shorts that come down to the mid calves, look more like skirts or gowns, that women use to wear in the 80's...

The roles have been reversed or something...

Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
There, troll. This one was taken at the US Olympic trials. Are they American enough for you? Do they make you feel excited?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty