U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 06:26 AM

35,885 posts, read 65,242,129 times

Advertisements

I hope someone here caught Dr. Oz's show last week - maybe Friday? I got a glimpse when he mentioned a product that he uses and says is awesome for puffiness and dark circles under the eyes.

However, things move so fast - I couldn't catch the name of the product in time to even write it down. I looked on his website and found nothing after a lot of searching.

The name of the product had a man's name in it - I guess the person who developed it (and probably a whole line of cosmetics/skin care) but I have no idea what the name was. He said a lady in one of his audiences suggested it to him and he uses it daily.

Anyone have a clue? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 PM

614 posts, read 1,403,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I hope someone here caught Dr. Oz's show last week - maybe Friday? I got a glimpse when he mentioned a product that he uses and says is awesome for puffiness and dark circles under the eyes.

However, things move so fast - I couldn't catch the name of the product in time to even write it down. I looked on his website and found nothing after a lot of searching.

The name of the product had a man's name in it - I guess the person who developed it (and probably a whole line of cosmetics/skin care) but I have no idea what the name was. He said a lady in one of his audiences suggested it to him and he uses it daily.

Anyone have a clue? Thanks!

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Firm Eye Tightener

Dr Oz: Mama Mio Serum & Peter Thomas Roth Firm Eye Tightener | Dr Oz | Doctor Oz Fans

Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
SummerBabe - you are wonderful! TY so much for sharing this info. Gonna go find out where to get it and see how it works!

THANK YOU!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
SummerBabe - you are wonderful! TY so much for sharing this info. Gonna go find out where to get it and see how it works!

THANK YOU!

My pleasure, Anifani! I've never used these products, but definitely let us know what you think.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
My pleasure, Anifani! I've never used these products, but definitely let us know what you think.

It appears Sephora carries the line - so I pray our local Sephora has it. If not, I will find out about ordering it - and yes! I will definitely give a little "report" on it when I get it.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
It appears Sephora carries the line - so I pray our local Sephora has it. If not, I will find out about ordering it - and yes! I will definitely give a little "report" on it when I get it.

I would recommend you get a trial kit (for savings purposes; until you know for sure you will see/have results). Unless you plan on using just the eye product.

I LOVE SEPHORA! I can be there for HOURS! ahahahaaaaaaa

P.S. Read some of the Reviews on the products as well.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I would recommend you get a trial kit (for savings purposes; until you know for sure you will see/have results). Unless you plan on using just the eye product.

I LOVE SEPHORA! I can be there for HOURS! ahahahaaaaaaa

P.S. Read some of the Reviews on the products as well.
Oh - great ideas! What is so discouraging - I have tried many products over several decades. What ended up happening is - instead of "tightening" the puffiness under my eyes - the products tended to "plump" the areas - wh/ only made the areas WORSE!!! I have tried everything I could get my hands on. It is like my eyes are "swollen" - not saggy bags. They are "puffy" . . . so I am really searching for something that "tightens" the area or somehow reduces the puffiness.

I have tried home remedies, too - like cold cucumbers, cold tea bags, even smoothing w/ a cold spoon dipped in ice water. The problem is worse sometimes than others b/c of allergies.

I also do a "patting" ritual wh/ an accupuncturist once told me could help.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Oh - great ideas! What is so discouraging - I have tried many products over several decades. What ended up happening is - instead of "tightening" the puffiness under my eyes - the products tended to "plump" the areas - wh/ only made the areas WORSE!!! I have tried everything I could get my hands on. It is like my eyes are "swollen" - not saggy bags. They are "puffy" . . . so I am really searching for something that "tightens" the area or somehow reduces the puffiness.

I have tried home remedies, too - like cold cucumbers, cold tea bags, even smoothing w/ a cold spoon dipped in ice water. The problem is worse sometimes than others b/c of allergies.

I also do a "patting" ritual wh/ an accupuncturist once told me could help.

Do you get enough sleep? good pillow(s)? or is it genetic?

If it is genetic, the only "fix" will be plastic surgery. I have a very mild case due to sinuses/allergies, etc....Ughhh....but I'm a WUSS so I'll just grow old as gracefully as possible naturally!! ahahaha

HOWEVER, if there is an over the counter solution; I'd try. Just hasn't become an issue per se for me YET.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Do you get enough sleep? good pillow(s)? or is it genetic?

If it is genetic, the only "fix" will be plastic surgery. I have a very mild case due to sinuses/allergies, etc....Ughhh....but I'm a WUSS so I'll just grow old as gracefully as possible naturally!! ahahaha

HOWEVER, if there is an over the counter solution; I'd try. Just hasn't become an issue per se for me YET.
Sadly, I think it is at least in part - genetic. The allergy problems just make it worse.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:17 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,493,432 times
Quote:
I am waiting to learn of your experience so I can follow suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or