U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:30 PM

1,069 posts, read 823,034 times

Advertisements

Anywhere that carries plus size clothes.

Thrift stores
Burlington Coat factory
Walmart
lane bryant
online stores
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 12:50 PM

7,293 posts, read 8,542,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Where does my family shop?
Practically nowhere.

It is hard to find clothing that fits.
Husband has 38" sleeves.
The gals need 36" or longer inseams.
Son wears size 15 shoes.
Zappos!!!!!! They list the inseams of denim & pants and the search function for shoes rocks. Being a size 12 in shoes, I started using them over 10 years ago when it came to looking for shoes. Now I buy some of my denim and other clothes from them.

Plus they have an iPhone app which means I can shop anywhere.

If your daughters are on the younger side, have them check out Alloy.com

Old 11-22-2011, 07:12 PM

610 posts, read 845,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Zappos!!!!!! They list the inseams of denim & pants and the search function for shoes rocks. Being a size 12 in shoes, I started using them over 10 years ago when it came to looking for shoes. Now I buy some of my denim and other clothes from them.

Plus they have an iPhone app which means I can shop anywhere.

If your daughters are on the younger side, have them check out Alloy.com

^^I LOVE Zappos'!!!! Their customer service and return policy is UNMATCHED!!! However, do shop around before making a purchase with them. I have found many shoes a lot cheaper than Zappos on many occasions! i.e. Nordstrom

Size 12?! You must be tall!! My size is so darn popular so it sells out FAST!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:06 PM

847 posts, read 711,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
In the past year I've developed quite the love affair with Anthropologie. It's terribly expensive and runs big, but I stick my head in whenever I'm around to check the sales rack. It's a rare place that sells casual, cotton, structured feminine dresses.
WORD!

I love Anthropologie. In case you didn't know, they are having a super kickass Black Friday sale -- An extra 50% off before 11am, both online and in store! You don't even want to know how hard I am going to hit up that sale. I don't shop there often because yes, it is pricey, but they rock my socks.

My shopping habits are seriously all over the place. In order of shopping frequency:
  • Macy*s - I feel like a jerk putting that little asterisk there, but that's how they spell it!
  • Nordstrom Rack
  • Marshalls - Hey, a gal likes sales.
  • Old Navy
  • Zappos - Free overnight shipping for VIP. Holla!
  • Levi.com
  • H&M
  • Ann Taylor
  • Forever 21 - I am getting entirely too old for their cutesy/flimsy clothing, but they are good for some things.
  • Anthropologie
  • Amazon.com
  • Filene's Basement - I almost never shop here because their sales are weak sauce, but their going out of business sale is the best thing that ever happened to me. Born boots for $85? Yes!
The rest are just stores I randomly wander into because they were there, or I saw something pretty in the window. So now y'all know where to get me gift certificates to.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:10 PM

177 posts, read 325,578 times
High End consignment/thrift stores, J.Crew, and that's about it ! Sometimes Target and Marshall's too.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:43 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,067,180 times
JCPenney, Kohl's, Dillard's, Sears and Macy's.

But I only go shopping when I go out of out town since we only have a few clothing stores where I live. All we have are Sears, Kmart and Ross.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:54 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,236,543 times
I buy most of my clothes on-line:

-Old Navy
-Gap
- occasionally Banana Republic
- Ann Taylor LOFT
- Nordstrom
- Macy's
- Target
- The Limited (for their dress slacks)
- Zappos

For other stuff:
-amazon
- various beauty product websites

I like to shop at places with free shipping and those that have stores I can do returns to for free.

Also zappos because returns are free.

There is one good consignment shop near me and a Goodwill with good quality stuff.

I also shop Ebay in the spring/summer for skirts because the sizing is easy to get correct on those.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:08 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,082,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Thrift stores.

Seriously.

Seriously?

Most of my shopping is online (due to the fact that I'm a good hour away from anything decent and I don't like driving long distances -- yep, I'm surrounded by dirt, lots.):

UO
Levi's
Gap (although their recent stuff is sucking a lot, new creative director/buyer (whatever it was called) took over and it SHOWS!)
JCrew

Shoes: mostly Adidas and Converse.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:53 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,067,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
I buy most of my clothes on-line:

-Old Navy
-Gap
- occasionally Banana Republic
- Ann Taylor LOFT
- Nordstrom
- Macy's
- Target
- The Limited (for their dress slacks)
- Zappos

For other stuff:
-amazon
- various beauty product websites

I like to shop at places with free shipping and those that have stores I can do returns to for free.

Also zappos because returns are free.

There is one good consignment shop near me and a Goodwill with good quality stuff.

I also shop Ebay in the spring/summer for skirts because the sizing is easy to get correct on those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Seriously?

Most of my shopping is online (due to the fact that I'm a good hour away from anything decent and I don't like driving long distances -- yep, I'm surrounded by dirt, lots.):

UO
Levi's
Gap (although their recent stuff is sucking a lot, new creative director/buyer (whatever it was called) took over and it SHOWS!)
JCrew

Shoes: mostly Adidas and Converse.
How long does it usually take for your stuff to come when you order them online?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:56 PM

1,156 posts, read 993,167 times
EBAY!!!
TJ Maxx
Saks Off Fifth
Nordstrom & The Rack
DSW
Marshalls
Century 21
Rugby Ralph Lauren
Vintage shops

Recent purchase history?
Burberry trench, ebay: $500 (authenticated in store)
Donald J Pliner boots, ebay: $110 shipped
Squirrel fur coat, vintage shop: £185 ($290)
Cashmere lined leather gloves, Italian-made, century 21: $40

My wardrobe is small, but the discount percentage per item shocks my friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty