Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:29 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times

Advertisements

Well some of those jeggings have elastic waists but you can't see them when you have a nice longer sweater paired with it. Some are hideous but others look just like jeans but feel like pjs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 PM

208 posts, read 603,806 times
And here I thought this thread was going to ask us for our favorite/most comfortable article of clothing that you'd be embarassed to admit.

Sure, I've gone through phases where I get a little lazy about what I wear, but then that's when I always run into people I know or some hot guy at the store. That pretty cured me of going out when I'm not somewhat decently dressed.

But, this sounds like something beyond just buying 4 pairs of sweatpants in 1 week. Why did you suddenly stop caring how you look? Why do you hate your school and 99% of the population? Maybe there's something more to this "phase"?

Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
dress like we're poor? We ARE poor. Might as well dress the part and be comfy.

Kudos to the OP having a mind of her own and not giving in to conformity

Old 11-19-2011, 12:03 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
dress like we're poor? We ARE poor. Might as well dress the part and be comfy.

Kudos to the OP having a mind of her own and not giving in to conformity
Have you been to a college campus lately? Comfy is conformity. Every dang chick in running shorts, t-shirts, leggings, and uggs. It's the rare person who takes a little pride and effort in their appearance.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:05 AM

Its also the rare person that doesnt care what you think. And I live in a college town so yeah ive been to a college campus recently. Why is it so important for others to take pride and effort in their appearance? perhaps they are happy with themselves and thats all that matters to them. perhaps theyre married and arent trying to attract anyone. Maybe theyre trying to be accepted for their personalities and/or hard work and not their clothing decisions.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:30 AM

538 posts, read 731,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Have you been to a college campus lately? Comfy is conformity. Every dang chick in running shorts, t-shirts, leggings, and uggs. It's the rare person who takes a little pride and effort in their appearance.
I notice that you only mention "chicks". Are women the only ones who are supposed to take pride and effort in their appearance?

Old 11-19-2011, 09:25 AM

hey as long as i cant smell you from 20 feet away i dont care what you wear.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Well some of those jeggings have elastic waists but you can't see them when you have a nice longer sweater paired with it.
This. Covering the waist band is essential. Unless you want to look like you stepped from the pages of the Blair catalog.

I read a book by Barbra Streisand where she talked about wearing elastic waist pants so she could eat as much as she wanted. Fabulous to be able to admit that, IMO.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:34 PM

Since when is it a must to cover the waist band? I have elastic band shorts that ive owned and worn since the mid 90s. Nobody ever gives me any problems when I wear them. Is this rule something for the upper class folk or something?

Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This. Covering the waist band is essential. Unless you want to look like you stepped from the pages of the Blair catalog.

I read a book by Barbra Streisand where she talked about wearing elastic waist pants so she could eat as much as she wanted. Fabulous to be able to admit that, IMO.
I agree. They lay smoother actually under thin sweaters. I tried some on just to see yesterday. I didn't end up buying them as I already have way too many jeans but they looked decent and there was no button bump showing.

Oh babs...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty