Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 07:06 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,662,034 times

Advertisements

I personally like when women wear nice dresses but it seems that is too "dressy" for most women. A woman who has a B-/C+ figure in jeans will look B+/A- in a comfortable simple summer dress. More emphasis is placed on her face and expression and less on her butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 10:30 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,983,591 times
I don't know where you live and maybe it's the type but the Asian women I see which I think are mostly Vietnamese considering the large population dress hilariously horrible.

Tops too tight with a stick out tiny pot belly, skin tight capris and pants and Spice Girl looking platform clogs.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:36 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,775,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman war helmet View Post
Where I live the way most women dress is pretty awful IMO. They all seem to fall into one of three categories. The annoying sassy women category, usually wearing jeans way to tight for them, a tank top, hoop earrings, and hair that looks wet like she just got out the shower.

Than You have women who look like they don't even care, usually wearing ratty looking T-shirts, Jeans, scrunchy, and old tennis shoes.

And finally the women who are desperately trying to hold on, usually wearing something they no longer have any business wearing. Lots of delusional women who don't realize they don't have the body for or are way to old to wear. Lots of muffin tops, lots of spandex pants where you can actually see way to much of their cottage cheese butts, and tops cut way to low showing off their leathery and freckled up chest.

A lot of the Asian women I see though have a very good fashion sense. They wear clothes that fit, clothes that are appropriate for they age, their hair/makeup is always perfect, and they are dress very feminine. I like that the most because you don't see many women these days dressing like women, Asian women are the only ones who really wear dresses these day.

This is how I like them dressed...

It's pretty silly to assume that what's true for a few is true for most, but I have to say that Asian women (and I mean women who were actually born and raised in Asia) are the only adult women I've seen sporting Hello Kitty and similar cutesy clothing.

And as for those pictures...big boobs isn't a style of dress, it's a physical trait. If you'd like to discuss, I suggest you try this thread.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:16 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,789,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I know lots of women who look fine in a mini. I think they're cute and sexy on one with nice legs.
Maybe you have however, I have yet to see a handful!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:35 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,579,596 times
I like #1 and 5. they're hot.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,209,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Maybe you have however, I have yet to see a handful!
Maybe it's where you live. Here in the DC area we have loads of very fit women.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:17 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,789,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Maybe it's where you live. Here in the DC area we have loads of very fit women.
My observation is not limited to those with additional weight.I am not particularly fond of the mini. Actually those that are said fit usually look equally as unattractive. Simply not a fan.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,134,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I'm probably in the minority, but I like it when women wear classy winter clothes, or clothing that is timeless or vintage looking. I like the fact that women in old movies can look totally sexy without even showing much skin. When a woman can pull that off, to me she's ten times sexier than the ones who feel the need to run around half naked just to get attention.

Those are some nice outfits. Very classy looking.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 PM

395 posts, read 706,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman war helmet View Post
Where I live the way most women dress is pretty awful IMO. They all seem to fall into one of three categories. The annoying sassy women category, usually wearing jeans way to tight for them, a tank top, hoop earrings, and hair that looks wet like she just got out the shower.

Than You have women who look like they don't even care, usually wearing ratty looking T-shirts, Jeans, scrunchy, and old tennis shoes.

And finally the women who are desperately trying to hold on, usually wearing something they no longer have any business wearing. Lots of delusional women who don't realize they don't have the body for or are way to old to wear. Lots of muffin tops, lots of spandex pants where you can actually see way to much of their cottage cheese butts, and tops cut way to low showing off their leathery and freckled up chest.

A lot of the Asian women I see though have a very good fashion sense. They wear clothes that fit, clothes that are appropriate for they age, their hair/makeup is always perfect, and they are dress very feminine. I like that the most because you don't see many women these days dressing like women, Asian women are the only ones who really wear dresses these day.

This is how I like them dressed...

Once again, I don't think it's a race thing OR that it's only Asians who are dressing better. I think women can look hot in dresses that compliment their bodies and the event. So it's hard to answer this question, but the dress needs to achieve the goals of the woman. If her goal is to be sexy, the dress should not only make her look sexy, but she should also feel sexy int he dress...and hopefully this transpires to her exuding sex appeal (if that is her goal).

just for the sake of discussion:

for casual date dress:

Moderator cut: image removed

for the vegas night out dress:

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2014 at 05:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty