Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times

Advertisements

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the balm that comes attached to Revlon Just Bitten. I hate that it's just a little nub of a stick that's stuck on the packaging, not in a retractable tube, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:25 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,270 times
I find the long-lasting ones are way drying on my lips. Thicker (dept store) lipsticks are better than drugstore ones, IMO. For daytime, I like a tinted gloss.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,894,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the balm that comes attached to Revlon Just Bitten. I hate that it's just a little nub of a stick that's stuck on the packaging, not in a retractable tube, etc.
Yeah, I just use my good balm and ignore that. The balm/gloss on the Mabelline Superstay is better- retractable--but it gets used up pretty quickly too.

I still love the stain stuff. No rubbing-off of greasy lip color.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 833 times
try putting powder on yor lips first, then outline lips with lip pencil, then lipstain

Old 12-05-2011, 02:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Kiss less?

No. That's no fun.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 PM

24 posts, read 40,003 times
if donnt wanan spend much time on remover

Old 12-06-2011, 09:00 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
How do you keep lipstick on for more than a few minutes?

I've tried everything, no matter what I do, it just disappears in a matter of minutes. Doesn't matter what brand, they all disappear.

I've tried those lip primers, then apply 2-3 coats, blot in between, apply powder to set, no matter what, it just evaporates!

any suggestions?
Do you lick your lips or rub them together a lot? Stop doing that if you do.

I find that MAC Matte Viva Glam I is a good staining lipstick.

I moisturize my lips after brushing my teeth and let all the lipbalm (blistex complete moisture) sink in until all gloss is gone and then just pat the MAC on. It looks very natural. If I put on the lipstick full force (night color only for my skin) it takes tons of cotton balls and oil or lip balm to get it all off. It even stains my skin if I get it on my fingertip during application. I have to use soap and water to get it off. Tissue alone won't work.

I never really found a drugstore one that sticks like MAC. And the MAC is only a couple bucks more than what they ask for in your higher end drugstore lipsticks.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:31 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,847,756 times
I have the same problem, the only think that somewhat works for me is to use a lip pencil and fill in your whole lip, then apply a creamier lipstick.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:59 AM

17 posts, read 15,235 times
First of all, you have to buy the branded lipstick. Use lip liner to line your lips and apply lip balm to keep your lipstick long time. You can also apply lip gloss over the lipstick.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
I don't usually post on this forum but the thread title caught my eye! I had the identical problem for decades and nothing I did worked. Now I just don't wear lipstick (at my age nobody notices anyway!) but a gal I know here does a BIG business in make-up tattooing and, were I younger, I'd definitely look into it. She's a qualified cosmetologist who also does tattooing of lips and eyeliner. I've seen the results of her work and it's quite stunning. In a tropical climate it's next to impossible anyway to keep make-up looking decent for any prolonged period but what she does is a great solution which could well work for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty