Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 01:13 PM

499 posts, read 891,610 times

Advertisements

What do you suggest for destroying acne scars?

Is there anybody who use Queen Helene Julep Masque for acne scar treatment? I don't know whether giving a brand name is forbidden here but i need help before buying it

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 02:34 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,476,748 times
You mean acne scar as in 'discoloration/hyperpigmentation' or acne scar as in skin pitting? I use QH MJM on and off. It is good at temporarily getting rid of oiliness and making the skin feel softer and refreshed, but it has done nothing for my hyperpigmentation.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:38 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,514 times
Agree - it would be helpful to know which type of scarring you are talking about....

I don't think the product you are asking about does much to help scars, I think it treats/prevents pimples mostly (?)

Old 12-03-2011, 02:41 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,114 times
hydraquinone is the active ingredient you want to look for in an over-the-counter cream. If you can afford it, consult a dermatologist. The doc will have active Vit. C (a solution too unstable to be available for home use) and other things in the prescription arsenal that will work far faster and better than what you can get OTC for morein number or more severe discolorations.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:34 AM

My English is not enough to tell my problem precisely. So i took photos.

All i can say is THEY ARE PERMANENT and have been staying on my face for 5-6 years. And of course there are a few new pimples.

Last edited by whoowhoo; 12-05-2011 at 11:18 AM..

Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,042 times
If scarring is the problem, I love Estee Lauder Skin Illuminator. When I first say it on TV and looked at the reviews, I've tried everything including peels, and hyper pigmentation gels and creams. Nothing worked. I was getting frustrated but I didn't want to spend $85 on a skincare product that didn't work for me.

I received a small sample from a department store. I used it for a week. It made my skin soft and the scars became dull in 2 weeks. I finally bought a regular bottle which I used twice a day. Bingo! My face looks so much better and I could wear little makeup. I ordered another bottle today since it is recommended for 12 weeks but it is working. It was the best $85 I have spent.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,514 times
I think (judging from the photos) that the OP is talking about pitting kind of scars from acne (indentations in the skin?) I don't think that there are any creams that will address that - i think the only or best way to get rid of them is to schedule an appt with a dermatologist and look into some sort of resurfacing like laser treatement or dermabrasion. I think you should be able to find a dr that will do a free or no cost consultation.

I'm not sure about the EL product mentioned - I think it mostly address skin tone, not surface. I'd avoid anything that has a sparkle, shimmery finish though. I think that tends to make uneven skin surface look worse not better (once I got a few wrinkle, I noticed that the shiny stuff makes them more noticible)

Old 12-05-2011, 12:15 PM

i think the indentations are because of chickenpox that i had when i was 16-17. or i don't know i opened this thread because of my purple scars. i once visited a doctor, she gave a cream but it didn't work at all. i think i should visit another one.

thank you for your helps. but still any other advices would be appreciated =)

Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,476,748 times
It's me again. *sees pics* No, Queen Helene won't work. You could buy it anyway if you have oiliness problems too as it may help dry up future acne blemishes. Maybe you should try a moisturizing cream with alpha hydroxy acid? I tried a cream from walgreens and it helps my skin feel smoother. After using it for a while, it made this dark brown hyperpigmentation scar turn almost as light as my regular skin tone. If you do try this, be careful and don't use too much too frequently. I did and had skin burns on my eyelids and the skin on my collarbone. Use it very sparingly and with a sunscreen since it makes the skin sensitive.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 PM

24 posts, read 39,996 times
in my opinion , you need to see you family doctor for more advice anti-acne from inner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty