Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 02:31 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times

Advertisements

OK, to give you some background. I ordered a new pair of frames and new prescription from local optical store. I got the new frames and they were too heavy for me (something I didn't realize when trying them on) and the owner of the store said I could pick out a new frame and he would redo them for me at no charge. I paid a very high price for my new glasses, so he was very accommodating, and I was very grateful for that.

I went in to pick out a new frame (lighter), tried on alot of frames and decided on a pair which looked good on me. I don't love them but they work for me. However, they are a tortoise shell color and when I am under certain lights, it looks like I have two red beams coming out from above my eyes. It is the light reflecting on the color in the frames but I have never, ever seen anything like this and it is making me very self conscious and people have noticed it. I actually asked the store owner and he said, yes, he could see it.

I feel like I just can't go back to him again because I did pick these out. I know I'm probably being too vain and should just not worry about it, but it bothers me. So should I just wear these and see if I get used to this, or spend the money and buy another pair of glasses from another optical place. I really can't afford to do that but on the other hand, I wear my glasses all the time, every day, so they are like a part of me and my face.

Your thoughts, any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty