U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 01:05 PM

5,536 posts, read 8,192,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I'm 27 and I still wear jordans. This has only become a big issue because people assume that the young people standing outside these malls were black... They make this big a fuss when people are waiting outside for days to get iPhones, ipad, video games, game consoles, tickle me elm or whatever the toy of the month is....And in many instances, it's not even around christmas.
If people waiting for the other stuff get violent, then it deserves the same attention. The worship of consumer goods is ridiculous, but the violence surrounding the Air Jordans makes the whole thing even worse.

IMO this is a sign of the sickness at the soul of our society. These aren't isolated cases. The "Christmas" season seems to always begin with some sort of violence against other people on Black Friday to grab hold of some stupid disposable consumer good. This has been going on for years, but it seems to be getting worse. It's all part of the same piece with the trash that's on TV, the breakdown of our families, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM

880 posts, read 1,663,031 times
Notice the people who are buying them...street kids, mostly.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:15 PM

7,245 posts, read 5,541,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
Pg.1 you said that those that sold the shoes are the "Worse [sic] of the bunch".

Why the change of heart?
I respect their business savvy also. It's my fault that I didn't get the shoes... I cant blame people that beat me to the line...Just kinda upset about it.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:18 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,430,773 times
I'm not sure about this, but I would guess Nike will probably release the black/red colorway (the ones MJ wore in the '97 Finals) of the Air Jordan 11's and it will for sure be a lot worse on release day Xmas 2012 than it was this year. Nike knows what they're doing.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,473,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
I'm not sure about this, but I would guess Nike will probably release the black/red colorway (the ones MJ wore in the '97 Finals) of the Air Jordan 11's and it will for sure be a lot worse on release day Xmas 2012 than it was this year. Nike knows what they're doing.
Scarily true.

There's a rather interesting Sci Fi book called Jennifer Government Jennifer Government | by Max Barry that was eerily prophetic. Makes me wonder what else the author nailed.

Not sure anyone actually reads books anymore though...

Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 AM

633 posts, read 1,207,865 times
LOL I do not know but it is not about race when I used to worked for Old Navy and the ones that were chocking and hitting each other and just fighting over a 1 dollar fliplops were white. We had to called the police.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 PM

32 posts, read 66,237 times
i ask myself the same question when a person is crazed about a Coach or gucci product

Old 01-06-2012, 06:05 PM

6,621 posts, read 11,181,911 times
How can everyone be hating on Jordan shoes when they aren't all that bad? I find them comfortable and trendy. If you wear them with some nice jeans and a button up shirt, you won't look too far from dressed up. One of my friends wore solid white Jordans to an interview and landed a job.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 PM

323 posts, read 427,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMissMixxMatchMaxx View Post
i ask myself the same question when a person is crazed about a Coach or gucci product
So True!!!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:49 PM

7,245 posts, read 5,541,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
How can everyone be hating on Jordan shoes when they aren't all that bad? I find them comfortable and trendy. If you wear them with some nice jeans and a button up shirt, you won't look too far from dressed up. One of my friends wore solid white Jordans to an interview and landed a job.
I would wear the concords with a tuxedo with no problem. Those shoes look classy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or