U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:49 PM

238 posts, read 747,509 times

Advertisements

I prefer bigger men and always over 6'0''. How I wound up currently dating skinny guy is beyond me although he is 6'1'' so he has that part down. I have always tended to stick( besides currently) to a certain type of man. Military or Police just because that's what my entire family is and I went to college for so I was just always around that type of man. So for me, I like a bigger man with muscles typically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 10:57 PM

5 posts, read 15,186 times
I am a 19 yr old 5'7 male and I generally like women tall 5'5 to 5'9. I like to have eye level with my mates. I'm not saying short women are not attractive, I'm just saying height can give a girl an extra point or two. Any thing above 5'9 is too tall. I like taller women, but not too tall.

I think the height issues about dating are from both male and female insecurities. And also height is associated with masculinity. Men don't want to feel emasculated and women don't want to feel masculine.

Just like having a pretty face, nice eyes and a hot body gives you attractive points height does also.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:17 PM

5 posts, read 15,186 times
I'm reading these threads and men 5'6 to 5'9 are so insecure. It is sickening. Mind you that I am 5'7. Let me break it down for you. This is how the world works, there are 3 things that matter: Looks, Personality, and Money. The main thing in personality is having Charm, Confidence, and presence. Money is Money women love it and men want to be associated with it. Looks include: facial attractiveness, body shape and height. What many people fail to realize is most people are judge based on their facial attractiveness. Having an attractive face is very crucial because that is the first thing a person sees. You don't want to wake up to an ugly person everyday. Body shape... that can be subjective... depends on what ppl like. Then comes height. So I would say 60% is facial attractiveness, 25% body shape and 25% height. If your ugly your ****ed period! If you have a great face you are in good standing. If you have all of them good! you should be a super model.

I work at Abercrombie & Fitch... An attractive face is key... height is a +.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:34 PM

791 posts, read 1,203,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by officerkillian View Post
I'm reading these threads and men 5'6 to 5'9 are so insecure. It is sickening. Mind you that I am 5'7. Let me break it down for you. This is how the world works, there are 3 things that matter: Looks, Personality, and Money. The main thing in personality is having Charm, Confidence, and presence. Money is Money women love it and men want to be associated with it. Looks include: facial attractiveness, body shape and height. What many people fail to realize is most people are judge based on their facial attractiveness. Having an attractive face is very crucial because that is the first thing a person sees. You don't want to wake up to an ugly person everyday. Body shape... that can be subjective... depends on what ppl like. Then comes height. So I would say 60% is facial attractiveness, 25% body shape and 25% height. If your ugly your ****ed period! If you have a great face you are in good standing. If you have all of them good! you should be a super model.

I work at Abercrombie & Fitch... An attractive face is key... height is a +.
I understand.....LOL!

Old 05-14-2010, 01:03 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,434,964 times
One way you can get to the height sticklers is telling them that if they're over a size 2 that they're too fat, or if they have less than a D-cup they're too flat chested just to mess with them. I told a girl that once that had problems with my height & she replied "That's so not fair!" I was like "Oh really? LOL"

Old 05-14-2010, 01:14 AM

76 posts, read 53,565 times
IMO, a very skinny short guy who doesn't bother to lift a weight if his life depended on it (which it does) is just as un-attractive as a guy who is 500 lbs.

I've dated a couple of 'small-bodied' men...they seem to only be good enough for a strap-on...

However, there was one guy I remember who was very short...but very muscular. I remember 'it' being something like the size of his torso LOL.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:11 AM

219 posts, read 441,256 times
At 5'6" and 130 lbs I don't get many (any) dates, but I'm not going to start working out to gain muscle and I'm certainly not about to wear lifts. I'm actually trying to lose weight so I can look better in a dress--I'm a cross-dresser. Well, maybe not lose weight, but fat. I want to get down to very little fat and possibly lose some of my shoulder muscle. I do stay in shape by running and swimming and I do lift weights every now and then.

I used to really hate my height, but I've come to accept it. My torso's pretty...regular. I happen to have a thing for taller girls, but short girls are cute too and I absolutely LOVE when girls wear heels.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:38 AM

121 posts, read 169,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Well, I can only say if a man is under 5'10"; yes they are less attractive- as long as he is a good person and in shape I dont measure the torso-lol

Short men are a turn-off- I am 5'8" (and like wearing heels) so need a real man!

sunny
And short men aren't real men? I can understand the fact that you want a tall man, we all have preferences. But why do you think that short men arent real men?

I'm 5'7 and 110 pounds. But I'm a still a real man. If we'll go by your logic then I guess tall women aren't real women either because women are "supposed" to be small in the same way that men are "supposed" to be big right?

Old 05-14-2010, 06:48 PM

3,261 posts, read 4,524,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
I'm 5'7 and 110 pounds. But I'm a still a real man.
OK, but it sounds like you're an unhealthy man.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:09 PM

996 posts, read 1,343,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
And short men aren't real men? I can understand the fact that you want a tall man, we all have preferences. But why do you think that short men arent real men?

I'm 5'7 and 110 pounds. But I'm a still a real man. If we'll go by your logic then I guess tall women aren't real women either because women are "supposed" to be small in the same way that men are "supposed" to be big right?
Moderator cut: personal attack

Now, I am cool with women not liking shorter men. I like women with big ****, a round ass, wide hips, small waist, and thick thighs. But women that do not have those qualities are no less womanly to me, they simply do not match my preferences. Even then, I can still be attracted to them, but I may never click with them physically as I would with a girl that matches my ideals.

Last edited by wigirl920; 05-15-2010 at 02:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or