U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:23 AM

30 posts, read 93,179 times

Advertisements

Let's see. I'm 5'9 and 115 myself, with a tiny hourglass figure. One of my ex was 5'7 and 115lbs. Another was 5'9 and about the same weight. that's about as small as it can get, really!

Lots of my friend were bothered by the fact that these men were smaller looking than I, or about the same size, but it was not a problem for me. They had delicate features, yes, but never felt 'unmanly' to me. It's all in the way they carried themselves. They also had long limbs for their height, which really helped.

There were some self-assurance issues lingering though, especially for the shorter one. Even as we were dating, he often commented on feeling ill-at-ease if I wore high heels or stood too close to him. He also said that he usually never dates tall women, but I was the exception (we met at a bar, sitting). He took it ill if friends made jokes about height.

Well, he found himself a new girlfriend. One of the first thing he told me about her was that she's 'barely 5 feet tall!!!'. If that's what makes him happy...

So, to answer you, some women, including tall women like yours truly, aren't bothered by men with small frames. However, lots of people are, and the small men themselves might very well be rather self-conscious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,434,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyandSingle View Post
Thats disgusting. 5'6, 130? You must be one of those 'twinks' that was on the news handling baggage LOL.

Don't lose another pound, or you're bones will still protruding from your skin. You dont HAVE any fat.

You'll look alot more attractive lifting weights than being a stick in a dress.
Would it be better if he was 5'6" and 350?

Maybe he has problems gaining weight, but I thought I was bad at 5'8" and 152 pounds. I've just got a high metabolism. I go to a local Indian lunch buffet about twice a week & they always jokingly threaten to kick me out b/c I'm putting them out of business...I usually eat 5 or 6 heaping plates lol.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 AM

16,416 posts, read 25,206,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by officerkillian View Post
I'm reading these threads and men 5'6 to 5'9 are so insecure. It is sickening. Mind you that I am 5'7. Let me break it down for you. This is how the world works, there are 3 things that matter: Looks, Personality, and Money. The main thing in personality is having Charm, Confidence, and presence. Money is Money women love it and men want to be associated with it. Looks include: facial attractiveness, body shape and height. What many people fail to realize is most people are judge based on their facial attractiveness. Having an attractive face is very crucial because that is the first thing a person sees. You don't want to wake up to an ugly person everyday. Body shape... that can be subjective... depends on what ppl like. Then comes height. So I would say 60% is facial attractiveness, 25% body shape and 25% height. If your ugly your ****ed period! If you have a great face you are in good standing. If you have all of them good! you should be a super model.

I work at Abercrombie & Fitch... An attractive face is key... height is a +.
Abercrombie and Fitch? So you are a douche bag who wears wannabe designer clothes and thinks you're better than everyone else?

Also isn't that the store that hires any idiot and begs every person who walks by the store to work there?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 PM

5 posts, read 15,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Abercrombie and Fitch? So you are a douche bag who wears wannabe designer clothes and thinks you're better than everyone else?

Also isn't that the store that hires any idiot and begs every person who walks by the store to work there?
I can be pretty vein some times, but I am not a douche bag, I am a very nice person. I volunteer and I work with people who are handicapable. I know what you mean about some of the people working there, but you shouldn't assume everyone working there is like that. And not every A&F store has that snobbish attitude A&F is known for. It's just a job, not my life.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:26 PM

592 posts, read 177,319 times
I thought basketball players proportionally have very long legs and shorter torsos, right?

Old 05-13-2018, 08:37 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Interesting question. First, I scanned the thread and it was odd so many people equated small torso with short. These are not the same at all. I prefer men that are taller than me, but seriously 6 feet or so is the max. I few weeks ago a guy who was like 65 was hitting on me. He was cute, but he kept joking he couldnt hear me up there way too awkward for me.

While I always think I prefer a beefier guy, I probably should finally just admit it probably isnt true. I never seem to be really into them when it comes down to me being actually attracted. The last few guys for me have been kinda slim. And while I get that whole want the man to be bigger thing, maybe the real idea is contrast. Not sure I am short and chubby (ok I am 54 so average height), and Id say it is exceedingly rare for me to attract a fellow chubby guy. I end up with slimmer guys with varying degrees of buff-ness.

So it depends on how small your torso is and why. I dont like slight and skinny guys. But wiry slim guys work for me! I also like men who are stylish, and it seems like slimmer guys can get away with the best outfits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or