Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 05:57 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
As long as they have a neck - it's all good.......
What kind of neck?

My neck is probably a little thicker than average. I figured that out trying on (cheap) men's dress shirts which are only rated in neck size. The only shirts that fit my neck nicely when buttoning the collar are ones that have an extra 6-8" in the chest and probably 14-20" bigger than my waist, since they typically don't taper but are square, to accomodate "barrel chests" or possible "spare-tires".

That can make it a little awkward when tucking in my shirt, and the breast pockets of those kind of shirts are almost as low as my belly-button and off to the side, almost under my arm instead of right in front of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
What I don't like is when a man's upper arm is too short. I mean a person's elbow should hit about at his waist. Otherwise it looks out of proportion to me.
I just checked and my elbows hit about the very bottom of my last rib or about 2 inches above hip bone.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:09 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I was wondering what women think about smaller-torso's on men.

What I mean by torso is all the bone structure above the waist, below the neck;

rib-cage size, shoulder/back width, spinal/back length, arm length and size etc.
Well, I can only say if a man is under 5'10"; yes they are less attractive- as long as he is a good person and in shape I dont measure the torso-lol

Short men are a turn-off- I am 5'8" (and like wearing heels) so need a real man!

sunny

Old 09-01-2007, 08:54 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,518 posts, read 6,325,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Well, I can only say if a man is under 5'10"; yes they are less attractive- as long as he is a good person and in shape I dont measure the torso-lol

Short men are a turn-off- I am 5'8" (and like wearing heels) so need a real man!

sunny
Oh Now youve done it. Youve hurt all their little feelings. Now all the short guys are gonna be marching on your house. And sending you angry DM's.

It wasnt ME it was HER. Im tall but notice I didnt besmirch the height challenged.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Oh Now youve done it. Youve hurt all their little feelings. Now all the short guys are gonna be marching on your house. And sending you angry DM's.

It wasnt ME it was HER. Im tall but notice I didnt besmirch the height challenged.
That's okay.

I kinda knew some women didn't like smaller-framed men, whether that be short, thin etc.

The intent of this thread was to to give me an idea of how many women don't find lighter-built men unnattractive.

I didn't take that comment about "real men" personally, as I didn't have a reason to believe it was directed at me personally. At 5'8"-5'9" I believe I'm average height; I am just a little lighter-built than most guys, but this thread could include height-challenged men too.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:26 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,268,930 times
There are those of us that are short females, though....like I said, my husband is tall - 6'3" - and I'm 5'4" if I stand up real straight. Most days I can just use him for shade....if I could dance, which I can't, I'd break my nose with it pressed into his mid ribcage. Ick. It would be nice to talk to someone without getting a crick in my neck from bending it backwards and having to stare at the sun all the time.

Again - married 3 times. Husband #1 was about 5'10". Husband #2 was 5'7" or so. Then this long tall pine tree I'm married to now. Of all the "fits" and physical attraction, it was #2 (may he rot in hell - or my back yard - one day). Interestingly, his father was very tall and he was an only child....and the only one of the set o' husbands who had anything to prove to anyone. I always wondered if he was overcompensating because he was a cop and REALLY hated being shorter than most of the other men. Height/short torso/whatever - well, it must not bother too many women. He sure has plowed through a herd of them, both inside and outside the confines of married bliss......

Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 AM

72,413 posts, read 18,199,776 times
I want to be with a shorter man,he has to be less than 6 because I am only 4 foot 11. I feel less intimidated with a shorter man.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:35 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
I know lots of smaller framed men and I find them just as attractive as some dude that's build like a brick house.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,518 posts, read 6,325,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
That's okay.

I kinda knew some women didn't like smaller-framed men, whether that be short, thin etc.

The intent of this thread was to to give me an idea of how many women don't find lighter-built men unnattractive.

I didn't take that comment about "real men" personally, as I didn't have a reason to believe it was directed at me personally. At 5'8"-5'9" I believe I'm average height; I am just a little lighter-built than most guys, but this thread could include height-challenged men too.

Sorry. I just had to pick on Helena. I think the size issue has a lot more to do with the pickER than the pickEE. A lot of us women have a size issue. OURS not YOURS. How many men have you ever heard ask "Do these pants make my butt look fat?".

A lot of taller women dont like to date short/smaller men cause it makes them feel huge. Also we know some of you just want to dance with us so you can stick your nose in our boobs.

As for myself I want to wear heels and look my mate in the eye. I dont want a crick from looking up or down. Also I like somebody who is as fluffy or more fluffy than me. Hey the Huz made me feel little. I was twenty. I was shallow. Im sorry.

So no youre not less of a man but if youre getting turned down a lot it could be because youre setting yourself up by asking the wrong peeps.

And just so you know. I do know what it feels like to not get picked. Way back when I was single it wasnt fashionable for women to be tall. Add being a nerd to that and as you can guess I didnt get many dates. Being on the Debate team probably didnt help either. LOL.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Sorry- I didnt mean to say I discount all men who are short- But height is an issue if a girl likes to wear heels- I don't like to be taller than the SO.

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty