Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:45 PM

955 posts, read 3,639,972 times

Advertisements

you know the one I mean.... where you look awesome and bright and smooth skinned (tone and texture)...

I've never really invested in a high end foundation, but am ready to take the plunge if I can find something I love! I have a few bumps and acne scars I want to cover and hide as best as possible, but my skin tone is pretty even.

I don't mind a heavier coverage, or a lighter one if it accomplishes what I shared above.

Anyone care to share what they use and love... thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 09:04 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,147,617 times
Go to the department store and allow the girls to do a make-over for free- they'll pick the right colors, coverage, etc ...

I personally use Lancome for foundation/power ... I like Rimmel mascara - it's under 9.00 and works amazingly well

Do you have an Ulta by you, or Sephora ? I LOVE those two stores ...

Here is a really fantastic website for make-up, beauty, etc ....

http://www.makeupalley.com/

Old 01-04-2012, 09:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,961,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
Go to the department store and allow the girls to do a make-over for free- they'll pick the right colors, coverage, etc ...
I don't know about that... I let them do that once (EL counter). The girl used some fancy device to determine undertones and came up with some dark color for a different race, as far as I'm concerned. Whatever she did came out halfway normal, but when I slapped it with my finger on my face, it was ridiculous! I'd love to get some tips from an unbiased independent make-up artist, but they don't seem to want to bother with consultations. The brand counters just push their own products... That's all.

That being said, I usually use EL foundations, but I buy whatever I deem suited.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,361,067 times
I keep reading great things about a couple of the Armani foundations: Luminous Silk and Designer Lift. I'm dying to give them a try.

I've tried or used other "high end" foundations, but I always find myself returning to Revlon (Colorstay and New Comolexion.)

Old 01-04-2012, 09:50 PM

955 posts, read 3,639,972 times
See Revlon Colorstay has been my old standby for years too... I'm ready to try something new No huge complaints.. I just wonder if there is something better and I want to get out of my rut with foundation....

I really am a beauty product junkie, but foundation is something i've never really experimented with and need to

Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,396,393 times
I like Bare Escentuals, but after awhile, IMO , the brushes suck.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:44 PM

160 posts, read 334,037 times
Its not a so called foundation, but sometimes I use Aveda tinted moisturizer. Usually I just use a moisturizer.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,063,252 times
I'm wanting to branch out and try EL or Lancome foundations, but I always stick with Clinique or Almay since they're the only lines that don't cause me to break out.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,961,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I've tried or used other "high end" foundations, but I always find myself returning to Revlon (Colorstay and New Comolexion.)
That's like wasting tons of money on various mascaras and going back to Great Lash.

I've never tried Revlon Colorstay, but I've also read many positive opinions. Lately I've been watching some videos by a make-up artist and out of the drugstore foundations she recommends L'Oreal True Match. They're very plain bottles that have never caught my eye, but it may be good...

Old 01-05-2012, 06:30 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,676,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
See Revlon Colorstay has been my old standby for years too... I'm ready to try something new No huge complaints.. I just wonder if there is something better and I want to get out of my rut with foundation....

I really am a beauty product junkie, but foundation is something i've never really experimented with and need to
Have you ever tried NYX? They have a great color range and I liked the liquid over tarte's clean slate primer:
Sephora: Tarte Clean Slate: Primer

If you really want a nice smooth finish try using a primer with anything you buy. Its especially great for smoothing over scars and larger pores. The tart one actually made my skin look better with use too. I tried other primers of the same base type without the extras that tart has. They work, but they don't improve skin and would sometimes cause breakouts for me. (my skin will do that with certain makeups)

But back to the nxy stuff. For a full finished face I like the liquid + concealer(pot), and finished with the twin cake powder foundation compact.

NYX Cosmetics - Products

For a fast face the nyx concealer + twin cake, then brush off excess powder and apply cover girl clean pressed powder to matte out fully and even out tone. (both powder layers are VERY light) If I am appearing sallow I use the pink and blue colors in elf's tone correcting powder instead of the CG.

Ulta is having a buy one get one 50% off on nyx stuff right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty