Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:02 AM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
In the 30s swimming attire was unisex. In the 50s and 60s, men wore short shorts to swim, popular in Europe today, which were funnily enough skimpier than today. I wish we returned to that fashion, or at least it was an option instead of only having board shorts. Board shorts are so annoying when they soak up water.
Swimwear was not unisex in the '30s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Swimwear was not unisex in the '30s.
1930s swimsuits - Google Search

Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 AM

18,466 posts, read 31,624,300 times
I have perfect legs, thanks to working out and bike riding, plus genetics helped, and yes my legs are hairy, but perfect never the less.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,675,409 times
Quote:
Since about the 1920s, women's hemlines have been rising, yet trousers have always been the most formal acceptable attire for men for the past few centuries...is it just seen as ungentlemanly, hairier legs don't look as sightly? Is it because they are not viewed as sex objects? It's more the disparity which seems interesting. In Rome it seemed the opposite. Men wore shorter 'skirts', while women seemed to wear maxi-dresses lol.

Wearing short shorts is considered gay now haha.

Is it because women don't care about legs, as I alluded to in a previous thread? I also mentioned how a sexy shot of a male often was of him shirtless, whereas a woman was often in a bikini etc.

I guess if men do start bearing their legs a bit more maybe they'll start shaving to, which kinda led to shorter skirts for women.
There are certain body cues that act as stimulants for sex as part of the reproduction cycle. On women it's boobs, butts and legs to attract guys. On guys it depends on the woman but legs isn't on their list in most cases.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
There are certain body cues that act as stimulants for sex as part of the reproduction cycle. On women it's boobs, butts and legs to attract guys. On guys it depends on the woman but legs isn't on their list in most cases.
Why, though? What parts DO attract most men then? Like I suggested in an earlier thread just muscles, maybe the arms and torso? I.e. just a representation of strength rather than anything else. Are women really physically attracted to male body parts at all, or just pretend to be?

And what about so-called bi women who find legs sexy on a woman. I would assume they'd feel the same of men? Or have they been conditioned to think male legs aren't sexy?

It doesn't make that much sense to me.

If a woman isn't really turned on by my body I should just go gay lmao.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,244,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I have perfect legs, thanks to working out and bike riding, plus genetics helped, and yes my legs are hairy, but perfect never the less.
Me too but I wear cycling tights when i'm exercising so you can see the shape without the hairiness.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:42 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,324 times
Because men have hairy nasty legs most of the time? Ick.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Because men have hairy nasty legs most of the time? Ick.
Yet women think us shaving our legs is gross .

What is it girls, you don't want us to shave, but then you don't want us to shave? Maybe you're really repulsed by the male body but won't admit it? LOL

Old 01-19-2012, 08:51 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,324 times
Female body is a helluva lot prettier than a male body...

Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Why, though? What parts DO attract most men then? Like I suggested in an earlier thread just muscles, maybe the arms and torso? I.e. just a representation of strength rather than anything else. Are women really physically attracted to male body parts at all, or just pretend to be?

And what about so-called bi women who find legs sexy on a woman. I would assume they'd feel the same of men? Or have they been conditioned to think male legs aren't sexy?

It doesn't make that much sense to me.

If a woman isn't really turned on by my body I should just go gay lmao.
Trimac, to me for example man's legs is usually the first indication whether you see a thoroughbred or a plow horse)))
And no, men don't need to wear lycra to show off their legs - your regular jeans do just fine.
Isn't it one of the major reasons why men like women wearing jeans, since they are often more revealing than skirts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty