U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 12:24 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,890,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
I know this post will probably come across as shallow...but I need to vent! This week, I was at a large meeting where two men were wearing ponytails, who had no business wearing them.

Guy #1 was in his 40s, hair thinning at the crown (one step away from bald), sporting a 7-8 inch scraggly ponytail. Guy #2 looked to be close to 60, bald, with a thin, itty-bitty little ponytail, held back with a rubberband.

Forgive me, please, but why do men do this to themselves? Do they think they look good? Very unattractive, in my opinion. On the other hand, there's a 30-ish guy at work with gorgeous, thick, clean hair...I know a lot of women would kill to have hair as beautiful as his. He always wears it in a ponytail, and it looks great!

I'm sorry, but unless you have hair like this (see pic), you have no business wearing a ponytail. Signed, The Hair Police.

http://www.heartlessdoll.com/banderas.jpg

P.S. I am NOT criticizing bald men. Just crappy looking ponytails.

LOL this is a fun thread, for me. My hubby just cut his ponytail a few months ago, and is wearing his thick, almost-black hair in a very nice layered cut. He wears corporate casual shirts with Levis most of the time and Dockers or something close to that when in important meetings and looks awesome.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 06:19 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,390,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
I would marry him
I have one thing to say about Antonio Banderas and his ponytail...hubba hubba!

Old 01-15-2012, 06:34 AM

14,315 posts, read 12,573,110 times
I think ponytails can be extremely sexy on the right man with the right hair.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:21 PM

275 posts, read 805,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
I know this post will probably come across as shallow...but I need to vent! This week, I was at a large meeting where two men were wearing ponytails, who had no business wearing them.

Guy #1 was in his 40s, hair thinning at the crown (one step away from bald), sporting a 7-8 inch scraggly ponytail. Guy #2 looked to be close to 60, bald, with a thin, itty-bitty little ponytail, held back with a rubberband.

Forgive me, please, but why do men do this to themselves? Do they think they look good? Very unattractive, in my opinion. On the other hand, there's a 30-ish guy at work with gorgeous, thick, clean hair...I know a lot of women would kill to have hair as beautiful as his. He always wears it in a ponytail, and it looks great!

I'm sorry, but unless you have hair like this (see pic), you have no business wearing a ponytail. Signed, The Hair Police.

http://www.heartlessdoll.com/banderas.jpg

P.S. I am NOT criticizing bald men. Just crappy looking ponytails.

I agree with you on the pony tail thing and add my 2 cents in on it like age appropriate?!?! I have grown out my hair on several occassions to cut it off for employment reasons.

Currently I have it short and really don't plan on growing it out, I feel at 46 its time to look like an adult as far as hair length. I do have a full head of hair so growing it isn't a problem but being respected by people who you come in contact with can be a big deal...

Old 01-15-2012, 01:57 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I think ponytails can be extremely sexy on the right man with the right hair.
As do I.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:11 PM

501 posts, read 1,230,093 times
I think if a man has a full head of hair, a long ponytail is totally HOT!
Men who are balding in front however seem like their over compensating.
And straggly ponytails don't look good on either sex. I can understand why men in a professional environment cut their's off though - it can really effect their careers. My DH cut his off for the very same reason.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:06 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,523,621 times
Ponytails on men turn me on, always have. And I had to smile at that photo of Antonio Banderas because that's my very favorite look on him.

I don't even mind them on thinning heads. But if it's just side hair getting pulled back then I don't like it, either. Time to shed the look.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 AM

973 posts, read 1,440,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Ponytails on men turn me on, always have. And I had to smile at that photo of Antonio Banderas because that's my very favorite look on him.

I don't even mind them on thinning heads. But if it's just side hair getting pulled back then I don't like it, either. Time to shed the look.
I concur.... Plus, the "tail look" depends on the man as well, I think, as in regards to body type and clothes...and just plain style! It can look "chic" if the man is "pulled together", but on a former hippie, it can look dated. And on a biker....well... that is a category unto itself!

And I have to add that Antonia HAS some competition...for who remembers Adrian Paul from The Highlander?? WHOA NELLY!!!!!!
http://images.marketplaceadvisor.cha...aphs_039_1.jpg

Last edited by Sagitarrius48; 01-16-2012 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: Added Adrian!!!

Old 01-16-2012, 08:03 AM

12,425 posts, read 14,559,489 times
My brother (an old hippie) looks GREAT with a ponytail...all ponytails look great...on men or women.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:48 PM

383 posts, read 1,123,578 times
To each his own, but only men with really good hair can carry them off; older men with thinning hair look ridiculous. Years ago hubby said that after he retired he may just grow his hair out, put it in a ponytail and get an earring -- I told him that I'd let him get it to his desired length, then when he was asleep, I'd get my sharp scissors and cut it off and leave it on his pillow -- the ponytail, that is -- and forget the earring! Of course he was teasing, just as I was....well maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty