Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times

Advertisements

I love the way heels LOOK but as far as comfort? Nope. The only ones I found comfortable are Born and even they tend to hurt after a while.

I used to run around all day in heels and now I have feel problems because of it. Even Sarah Jessica Parker said her knees are shot from running around on Sex and the City in Manolos. When you see her about and about in her everyday life, she's wearing flats like the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 08:29 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
IMO, ANY woman who never wears high heels is one smart person. High heels can, and do, screw up your feet, your leg tendons, your back, your balance as well as your whole body in general.

Humans were not designed to walk in high heels but the fashionista's insist that is looks so cool all while they endure foot pain and back pain. How stupid!!

It's one thing to look nice but to do it at the expense of your general health because of high heels is just lame!
Agree with you here.

High heels have nothing to with how real a woman is or not. I do believe that high heels contribute to the destruction of womens feet and how they walk in the future.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
To add height and visually lengthen the leg line.
I believe a woman with fit, cut legs, nice smooth feet and long toes contribute to lengthen the leg line too. The appropriate dress or pants help the overall look too.

It doesn't surprise me to discover that the women I've known throughout the years, moms or not, who have worn Birkenstocks and Mephistos as their go to sandals have some of the best looking feet and legs. Don't forget the better posture and a lot less back pain. For some women they don't endure any pain from wearing high heels. They are the lucky ones because most women I know well into their thirties, forties and beyond prefer flats or ballerina slippers. They have retired their heels for those rare occasions when they feel like enduring a few hours of pain. Funny how the heels come off on the dance floor though at weddings and parties. I can't remember one wedding where I haven't seen couples or at least one couple in the lobby by the side bar with their hubbies or boyfriends giving massages to tired achy feet women. All you see is a pile of heels on the floor.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:37 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,630,500 times
Is a woman who never wears high heels a real woman?

Yes.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:41 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Is a man who is smaller than most women a real man?
Yes.!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Old 11-18-2013, 01:22 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
Sexism.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
I don't see the necessity of anyone wearing high heels. Personally, I might be a bit unorthodox in my tastes, but I prefer females who don't wear high heels, who don't paint their nails, et cetera.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
No. Not having the curvature in your feet has been proved to shrink ovaries, mammaries, and cause the vagina to turn into a penis. Well ovaries don't shrink they descend into testes that form. And the voice deepens, because the discomfort of high heels is why women have such high voices.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:16 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
I cannot state whether it makes them a 'real woman' or not, but as a man I can say I don't care for high heels on women. They actually a look a little bit odd, to be honest. Something doesn't look right about nearly walking on your tip toes.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:44 PM

389 posts, read 692,395 times
I guess so. I just checked and all my parts are still anatomically correct for a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty