Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:26 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You'll be glad to hear one of my sons told me to loosen up on complaining about combinations I don't like. Plaids with stripes. Stripes with checks. So go for it! Especially if you're getting them on clearance. I love to get great deals at good stores. Saks, Neimans. No way I'd pay their original prices but on massive end-of-season markdown? Come to mama.

And I liked that one T in the solid teal. Teal would be a good color for you.
There are about 4 Macy's in my vicinity and 3 Lord and Taylor's, and then you have the mother of all Macy's one train ride away.

I troll around them every once in a while, that's how I fish out amazing casual shoes deals. There's no point in paying 50+ bucks on stuff I wear only for weekends, and that too on a probability of 1/XX pairs of sneakers in the shoe rack.

I recommend everyone to do it. Some dress shoes on J&M website, that are priced at 150, I've found them in Lord and Taylor on sale for like 49 bucks, coz they just wanna get rid of it. And that's a clever deal.

A guy needs at least 5 pairs of dress shoes, one day of the week. Or else you are setting your leg up for long term trauma. Legs need diversity and variation in fit for being healthy and brisk.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:20 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
In our town, people who are big into things like shopping locally and recycling, reusing, repurposing materials, reducing waste, etc... you know... general do-gooders for the earth... they ride bikes. So, I'm thinking the whole unicycle thing is just a play on that. I've seen shirts with bikes and the recycle symbol... so somebody prolly saw those shirts and thought... well hey... unicycles are even better for the environment than bikes are since they require less materials to make and are lighter and easier to transport/ship which reduces carbon emissions and...

Anyway... maybe it's a Eugene thing, or an Oregon thing, but people here would "get" that shirt. Elsewhere? They'd prolly think you were a college kid or some kind of neo-hippy dumpster-diving hipster activist.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:19 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Ok, the title says it all. Before I ever buy any new Tee, I'm gonna have to get you fashionistas opinionyze it

In general, let's use this thread for which Tees are douchebaggersome and which ones aren't. A poster in another thread just ruined my outlook on a favourite Tee of mine.

I got it coz I love unicycles, though I hate graphic Tees. I often dream about riding a unicycle and whisking past a roadside babe whistling romantically and courting her, like in 1840s period movies I love the colour green too.

Is this douche or not?
FOSSIL® Clothing Knits & Tees:Mens Uni-cycle Tee MC8438

My 31 bucks with tax is hanging on the balance and I can't even return any longer, I've also washed it a lot
Wow! I have that unicycle tee! I found it at a thrift shop for $1.

How weird!

Old 01-24-2012, 12:21 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
In our town, people who are big into things like shopping locally and recycling, reusing, repurposing materials, reducing waste, etc... you know... general do-gooders for the earth... they ride bikes. So, I'm thinking the whole unicycle thing is just a play on that. I've seen shirts with bikes and the recycle symbol... so somebody prolly saw those shirts and thought... well hey... unicycles are even better for the environment than bikes are since they require less materials to make and are lighter and easier to transport/ship which reduces carbon emissions and...

Anyway... maybe it's a Eugene thing, or an Oregon thing, but people here would "get" that shirt. Elsewhere? They'd prolly think you were a college kid or some kind of neo-hippy dumpster-diving hipster activist.
I have a confession to make

I didn't pay much focus to the recycle symbol, but liked the artistry in making a wheel out of it and putting a unicycle seat on top. Though it appears to mention like it's symbol for recycling, I interpreted more like a direction of motion. It's often used in Physics, especially dealing with things like Lami's theorem and such. It's also a commonly used symbol in thermodynamics and heat.

I absolutely abhor the hipster/green/liberal/OWS movement. My mannerisms and ideology border or tend to border pretty much on a blend of elitism, compassionate conservatism and a sense of religious conservatism as well. That said, I do not like hipster culture, it borders too much upon ghettoism and youth yobbery. Coz the whole agenda blends well into Marxism and Engelist tenets of free for all and peace on earth ideals - something I fundamentally dissociate with

Old 01-24-2012, 01:21 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
Hmm... now I'm looking at the shirt in a new way.... with your "direction of motion" explanation. It's interesting how we all initially see different things.

Now, when I look at the shirt and think of the arrows not as a recycle symbol but as a direction of motion only... it makes me wonder if the shirt is a shout-out to the steampunk movement? Perhaps Fossil is trying to capitalize on the next fad or trend... Unicycles are sometimes associated with steampunk... in parades and local occupy protests we've seen steampunks and a few have been on unicycles now that I think of it... dressed in their sci-fi victorian garb... some with mustaches, pipes...

Old 01-24-2012, 06:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Wait, so he doesn't ride a unicycle? lol

Ok, the appeal of this shirt is officially over my head ...I don't get it, I would probably wear it myself if it only had the recycle arrows, but wtf is that unicycle doing on there!
Excellent question D217.

AC - were you a clown at some point in your career?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:30 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post

Ha, Hipsters everywhere love Portland. Or Oregon. Not sure why. Been to Portland a few times (Friends) and don't understand where the draw is..

Old 01-25-2012, 07:20 AM

506 posts, read 1,956,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Wth does "douchebaggy" mean? Are you really THAT hung up on others opinions? Wear what you want nobody cares either way.
+1

Didn't read all the other responses yet, but worrying SO much about what other people think of you/ trying to prove yourself on some online forum is way more DB than some tshirt. And you do it often, AC.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:29 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
I have a soft spot for fun t's. LOL

I think as long as you are in shape, guys can get away with t-shirts as long as they are neat, clean and fitted. That t with some broself shorts though...you better keep that for your "working in the garden" look.

Do you iron your t-shirts? Just wondered.

Guys who do this always look a little better in them I think.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:02 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Here's a Douchebag shirt.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/pub...tx2-aZA=s220-c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty