Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

My standards are these and similar, by Skechers:

http://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Women...=pd_sbs_shoe_8

They don't work with suits or the very dressy end of business-wear, but they work with business casual and with skirts and tights. I'm not allowed to wear true dress shoes at work...I'm required to wear shoes with a flexible, athletic-style sole, so these are a good hybrid, and they are comfortable and wear well. They are the most comfortable and workplace-friendly shoes I've tried that don't look orthopedic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 09:32 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
I have always had good luck with Stuart Weitzman flats and loafers. Comfortable, well-made, and classic. I don't think they're grandma shoes, but they ARE sensible. And these black flats are on sale!

http://www.stuartweitzman.com/womens...ts-shoes/?pg=2

Old 01-27-2012, 12:09 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
Dunno if you're wanting casual black flat or more dressy or office/work... but these are so comfy. They are like not even wearing shoes, they are so light and you can run and climb on the playground with your kids in them. Dunno if you have kids and if you are if you're the kind of mom like me that would climb playground structures with them... but whatever... back to the shoes... they are so comfy:
Merrell Wonder Glove Ballet Shoes - Garnet Hill

They look kind of weird in the photo, but they look really cute on.

Cole Haan Air Tali Laced Ballet Shoes - Garnet Hill Those look cute if you don't mind bows. I personally don't like bows... but the sole has Nike air technology! Wooooo....

And these : Born Womens Dublin in Black (Patent) on bornshoes.com I have and love. They are super comfy and go with everything. I have them in a dark wine (red) and a black (not the shiny) and I get complements all the time in them. Wore them to the dentist the other day and had two of the ladies from other parts of the office to come over and check out my shoes. Of course, they asked me where I got them and what kind they were and everything while my mouth was all busy having my teeth cleaned... why do they always talk to you when there are other peoples fingers and sharp tools in your mouth?

I can't find the wine colored ones on the website. I'm not a big fan of the bright red... mine are so pretty. The black I love because they go with everything. The wine colored ones are just fun... but they are so comfy. Happy feet.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:15 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
I wanted to add this one, too... I am a child of the 80's and grew up with Dr Martens 6-hole boots. When I found they had a flat, I about had a cow (80's expression)... anyway - these are really comfortable, too!

Dr Martens CHRISTINA BLACK NAPPA CBR - Doc Martens Boots and Shoes

Old 01-27-2012, 05:17 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Tell your husband that you won't criticize his shoes if he shuts up about yours.

You do? News to me.

I see very little difference in those two shoes, except for the color.

Oh, my granny never would have worn those.

Well see, my husband and I are able to help each other out in that way. I don't want him to shut up, I like his opinion. After all, he's the one I like to look sexy for. As a younger man, I trust his opinion. And, he gets my opinion as well. We like working together that way. Keeps the marriage happy.
And yes, round toe flats do look grannyish. Keep fooling yourselves ladies!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,420,077 times
Thank you for posting so many links, I have a lot of browsing to do this morning! It is easy enough to say "look at Zappos" or "look at Piperlime" but there are just SO MANY flats to sift through that it gets overwhelming. That Stuart Weitzman link looks promising.

I agree that many round toe shoes look grannyish, but not all. There is a delicate balance between sensible and old lady. For those who asked, I have to at minimum dress business casual, so things like Skechers won't work for me.

Last edited by mels; 01-27-2012 at 08:04 AM..

Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
And yes, round toe flats do look grannyish.
You know what's so wonderful about this country?

Just because you misguidedly believe that round toe flats look like old lady shoes doesn't mean that someone else can't wear them and think they look absolutely glamorous, chic and sexy.

God Bless America!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You know what's so wonderful about this country?

Just because you misguidedly believe that round toe flats look like old lady shoes doesn't mean that someone else can't wear them and think they look absolutely glamorous, chic and sexy.

God Bless America!
I do still believe that round toe flats look old lady, in general, unless you're under 30 years old. Granted, some of that opinion is based on a man's point of view.

If you THINK you look sexy and chic wearing them, good for you.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Well, I'm not a man, so I can't have a man's point of view.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
My opinion (not that it's right for everyone ) is that pointed shoes look dated and rounded shoes are more in style now (and into Spring/Summer lines). Even looking at the sexiest line ("Fetish") from Louis Vuitton, I could not find any pointed toe shoes. The flats are all rounded toe and look good IMO...

http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#/...ns/Women/Shoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty