Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,575,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Back in the 1900s, people just grew up faster and there wasn't really such a thing as 'adolescence.' People went straight from being children to adults. Weirdly women underwent puberty later which makes it stranger.
Not so strange -- mostly due to a lower nutrition level, plus there weren't hormones in the food supply. When women underwent puberty, they generally married within 2-3 years and started having families and managing households of their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Nothing confirmed. Rumors of facelift and botox. I'd guess it's a combination of very well done plastic surgery and excellent genes. If you don't look at her hands, feet, elbows, and knees then she could easily be in her early 30s.
I hope she looks as good naked .

Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 AM

123 posts, read 256,366 times
I don`t think people now look younger compared to 30 years ago (at least) but what is obviously is that they definetely are more immature

Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,614,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
And still you look like 15 years younger???

wow, you must have very good genes
I think genetics play a MAJOR factor in this discussions as well.

Just like her I tan, I smoke, drink, and cut out the BS and stress when possible and I still get carded for cigarettes on occasion and I will be 36 in Sept. But then again I still have really long hair (right to my butt crack), and wear it in pig tails, wear goofy shirts (old band stuff), jeans (yogas on occasion) and kicks.

I think it's partially cause I dress younger and have a youthful outlook on things in addition to out and out good genes causes this.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,614,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I still think the people who get surgery,esp Botox, is higher than 5% of the pop.
Me too.

These are just some numbers I found.

Botox injections surged in popularity, rising 584 percent since 2000. A total of 5.4 million treatments were performed last year. (2011)

Eighty-eight percent of the people who use Botox are women, and 59 percent of people who use Botox are older than 35, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.[LEFT]
I also found that 13 million people got some sort of cosmetic procedure in 2010.
[/LEFT]

Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I hope she looks as good naked .
I'd rather see a crocodile naked.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 PM

395 posts, read 706,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
I've a feeling they do, and I don't know if it's just me. This looks rather striking for me when it comes to looking at photographs of previous generations, especially when it comes to young folks (often 20-30 year olds).

I've noticed that if you compare photographs of say a 20-something year old from previous generations to a 20-something year-old now, the modern men and women will often look more teenage-like, and sometimes teenagers now look like they have more child-like faces.
Depends on the person and genetics. If you eat well and take good care of yourself, then it's up to your genes. There are also more cosmetic choices now.

However as an average I think people aged better 50 years ago, when the food source was more pure.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 AM

313 posts, read 449,509 times
Nah. I think much of it has to do with styles and better cosmetics. Sure, old lady Clampett looked 80, but any woman would look that old with grey hair pulled into a knot and stooped over. And I'm old enough to remember seeing pictures of her in her "real" life and she didn't look nearly as old.

To me that Sommers woman has looked like a hag for 20 years. I must be missing something because I don't see anything youthful in her.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:49 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,953,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
That's what, 5%...maybe 10% of the population at the very most?
Way more than that. The majority of people that I know have had work done...

As for minor stuff like botox and fillers; that's very common. I would venture to guess that in L.A more than 50% of women over 30 have had something minor like botox and fillers.

As for peels, retinols; those are the basics and very common. I started using retinol (retin A) in my 20's...

Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM

10 posts, read 19,140 times
it depends on our physical health & the yungnes is a god gift to us, dont spoil it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty