Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Blondes with dark eyes, of course we see them everywhere, and since being naturally blonde and having brown eyes is pretty rare, it's safe to assume most of these women (and some men) are bottle blondes...of course not to mention their roots.etc.

I was thinking, as a guy, I generally don't find the brown eyes-blonde hair combo all that appealing. I prefer blonde women to have blue eyes (or green or at least light hazel), even if they aren't natural blondes. Brunettes can be just as beautiful as blondes, of course, and they can look beautiful with dark or light eyes. There's just something about blonde hair and brown eyes I generally find a bit unnatural.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 10:02 AM

19,716 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I think variety is cool.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:15 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
LOL... That pretty much describes me, but I don't color my hair. I am half German (the blond, taller part of me) and half Italian (the brown eyed, easily tanning part of me). My eyes are a light, golden brown and my hair is also more a golden blond with some light brown (not a light ash/bleach blond). I never realized I looked "unnatural." I have always gotten compliments about my hair/eye color. Oh well, my hubby seems to like it.

I always thought I have very similar coloring to Elle MacPherson (hair, eyes, skin)....

http://www.celebritydietdoctor.com/e...-a-flat-belly/

Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 AM

19,716 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I never realized I looked "unnatural."
You don't, it's a perfectly normal combination.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:49 AM

22,855 posts, read 6,437,988 times
I am a senior citizen with natural honey blond hair (undyed so far) In my childhood my eyes looked brown, later they
seemed more hazel and now they are green. Luckliy my husband finds that combo appealing....

Old 01-29-2012, 12:26 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
I think you just insulted my daughter, with her Irish/English/Italian heritage. Beautiful honey gold hair with red tones, deep brown eyes, and freckles.
Picture-83.png
Knockout coloring, similar to this. ^

Old 01-29-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
I am a senior citizen with natural honey blond hair (undyed so far) In my childhood my eyes looked brown, later they
seemed more hazel and now they are green. Luckliy my husband finds that combo appealing....
The exact thing happens in my family. My older relatives' eyes have gone from warm brown, to hazel, and then more green as they age. Is this a common thing? In bright sunlight I can see a little bit of green in my brown eyes, so maybe they will change someday.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I think you just insulted my daughter, with her Irish/English/Italian heritage. Beautiful honey gold hair with red tones, deep brown eyes, and freckles.
Picture-83.png
Knockout coloring, similar to this. ^
That is a GORGEOUS color combination!

Old 01-29-2012, 12:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Irish-Swedish, fair with hazel eyes and freckles. My hair is medium brown now but I had honey blonde hair until I was in college.

I think you're thinking of women like Katherine Heigl, who is too dark-eyed to have hair that light.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
My boyfriend, thanks to an ethnic heritage blend that is solidly Italian on one side, and Scottish on the other, and he has fair skin and honey blonde hair paired with dark eyes. His brown eyes and very Italian last name are the only indicators of his Mediterranean heritage...the rest of his coloring is much more indicative of the northern European part of him.

One thing to remember is that all blondes are not platinum or yellow-toned blondes. Strawberry blondes, and those with dark honey/golden blonde hair may look more natural with dark eyes than those with flaxen hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty