Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do tatts make women look butch?
Yes 56 49.56%
No 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:54 AM

10 posts, read 18,857 times

Advertisements

Yes but to those who didn't recognize tattoo as an art sure thing it's a NO NO for him but totally gross for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 05:11 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,920,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think that in the future, pristine, untattooed and un-pierced women will be the most desireable. Life always goes in cycles. I am old, so I know.
As God make them. And hopefully will stop wearing clothes too, but we can only hope.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:43 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,843,737 times
People are still getting tattoos? My, that's SO 90s.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:23 PM

52,626 posts, read 47,829,770 times
Those things (no matter the size) are ugly, repulsive, disgusting, and hideous.

On anyone!

And, yes, to answer the OP's question, they sure do.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:39 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,372,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Those things (no matter the size) are ugly, repulsive, disgusting, and hideous.

On anyone!
Yeah, I think guys look kinda dumb with tattoos as well, though Idk if I'm as passionate about it as you are...

Old 02-20-2012, 02:45 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,644,197 times
I used to offer my view point on tattoos on both women (trailer trash) and men (young fools) but I've come to the conclusion that people who get them are not mature enough to see the damage to their bodies they do so I don't offer an opinion anymore.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:53 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,905,500 times
Butch? Not at all.

Tacky and sleazy, yes.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:17 PM

235 posts, read 836,449 times
Is it just me, or does it look like tattoos are disappearing from the streets, as though most of the people who had them have been getting them lasered off in the past couple of years?

I could swear that I used to see a lot more women with those ankle tattoos, or the "tramp stamps"... not so much lately.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:32 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,918,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ottawa One View Post
Is it just me, or does it look like tattoos are disappearing from the streets, as though most of the people who had them have been getting them lasered off in the past couple of years?

I could swear that I used to see a lot more women with those ankle tattoos, or the "tramp stamps"... not so much lately.
Must comment, my husband had his tatts 50 years ago, hard to know what they are now as they have melted into one blue blob. For older women it would look even worse. Good idea to have them taken off before that happens better still don't get them at all.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,372,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushla View Post
Must comment, my husband had his tatts 50 years ago, hard to know what they are now as they have melted into one blue blob. For older women it would look even worse. Good idea to have them taken off before that happens better still don't get them at all.
I'm an anti-tat guy here. I think they're just pointless. But in the interest of education only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, that's not necessarily true. In the past, low quality ink was used and many people simply did t take care of their skin. Sun damage combined with poor quality inks and in many cases, poor quality artists and tattoo machines, absolutely caused ink to bleed and fade. That's why you see many older gentleman with blobs of greenish ink on them.

Currently, however, the quality of ink is much better, the machines used are more technologically advanced and well suited for the tattoo process and we also know much more about how damaging the suns rays can be and how to avoid damage in that respect.

My lower forearm tattoo is nearly 7 years old and I've had professional artists think it was only a few months old. I exfoliate, use aquaphor and other skin conditioners regularly and stay out of the sun as much as possible. I know peoe with extremely colorful 10+ year old tattoos that are very vibrant because they went to a good artist and take care of their skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty