U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do tatts make women look butch?
Yes 55 49.55%
No 56 50.45%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2012, 04:00 PM

254 posts, read 287,784 times

Advertisements

Tattoos look just as dumb on men as they do on women...
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 04:09 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,922,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If you like tattoos, then you probably have them or want them, and will look for those who have them or want them. Not everyone is like this, but it's similarities attracts.
Not true in my case. My current boyfriend has no tattoos and no desire to have any, but loves mine. My ex-husband was the same way. I also have many guy friends who hate tattoos, but still like me for who I am.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:42 PM

1,446 posts, read 2,517,923 times
Same here. I like a little rebelliousness in women!!! That does not mean I would get tattoos...I just like them on the opposite sex though!!!

Old 02-11-2012, 06:04 PM

19,126 posts, read 15,169,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Are short white males not men?
Well, I've been told I'm not a 'real' woman because I'm tall and not stick thin, so I guess short pale males are not real men as much as I'm not a real woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Tattoos on women and men are disgusting, but more so on women. I don't mind if a guy has a tattoo somewhere hidden (back, chest, biceps, etc.) and it actually has MEANING. What I don't like is guys that tat up their whole body for no reason. Also when guys get tattoos on their legs; it looks a bit retarded.

Women shouldn't be tatted up whatsoever in my opinion. It's a major turn off to me and I've never been attracted to a girl who had a tat.
And I find men who are heavily tattooed extremely sexy. In fact, one of the sexiest men ive ever had the pleasure of meeting has solid color tattoos covering both arms and his collarbone down to below his hips. I have never had a man make me literally weak in the knees until I met him.

You can say you have a personal preference without putting others down.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:12 PM

6,923 posts, read 9,178,912 times
I don't care for tattoos on either sex, but I don't necessarily think they make women look butch. My daughter has one, and she's anything but butch, and my wife has a small one on her ankle that I actually bought her as a birthday present. She's also very feminine, and the tattoo doesn't detract from it a bit. CAN they? Yeah, but it's like asking if clothing makes a woman look butch. Some can.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Status: "Trying to put "Christmas' inside you." (set 29 days ago)

16,195 posts, read 8,514,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
So youre turned off when you look at your StepMom? I think thats a good thing as opposed to being turned on.
I've never looked at her in that sense in the time I've known here, seeing as how she's married to my dad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Not necessarily. My boyfriend is not a tattoo person AT ALL, and I have never sought out guys specifically because they have (or don't have) them. I've actually never dated anybody who had any, before or after I got mine. Well, probably/possibly one guy who was a Navy vet...but I didn't date him long enough to find out.

For both of us, attraction doesn't hinge on the presence or absence of tattoos...or any other one factor, for that matter.
Again, it's not every case, as I said twice in that post because every person's idea of attracton varies. People can look beyond the tattoos and that's also cool.

It just doesn't work for me. I don't care if it's a small butterfly on your ankle or a sleeve or whatever you call them on arms. It's never made me think them attractive and I have never in my life pondered on why it would look attractive on either sex.

But in no way am I putting down a person who enjoys a tattoo on there body. It's you're body, do with it as you wish and enjoy your life and money. It's no skin off my back and I can look in another direction.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:16 PM

24,691 posts, read 19,754,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've never looked at her in that sense in the time I've known here, seeing as how she's married to my dad.

Again, it's not every case, as I said twice in that post because every person's idea of attracton varies. People can look beyond the tattoos and that's also cool.

It just doesn't work for me. I don't care if it's a small butterfly on your ankle or a sleeve or whatever you call them on arms. It's never made me think them attractive and I have never in my life pondered on why it would look attractive on either sex.

But in no way am I putting down a person who enjoys a tattoo on there body. It's you're body, do with it as you wish and enjoy your life and money. It's no skin off my back and I can look in another direction.
Yeah just preferences...

Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,618,154 times
Tattoos=trashy ****.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 AM

304 posts, read 282,981 times
I love them on men and women. I am in my 40's and am considering getting one to cover a nasty scar that I have. I think they are artsy and sexy . I feel badly for people who get a bad tatt job, though. Like anything else, there are good artists and not-so-good artists. Do your homework.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 AM

2,258 posts, read 2,212,952 times
I think it depends on where and what the tattoos are on the body. I think some people just throw tattoos on their body to be cool which turns out to look a hot mess. I am not really into colored tattoos. I have 3 tattoos that are black. I have one on the side of my leg, on the left upper back and a cross on my arm. I think they are tastefully done. I get lots of compliments on them. I have seen people overdo it, making them look just plain ugly. So again it depends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty