Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do tatts make women look butch?
Yes 56 49.56%
No 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2012, 07:14 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times

Advertisements

I'm not a fan of tats on men and women - usually makes them look try-hard gangster or too much like a self-proclaimed 'bad boy' or 'bad girl.' Even a small visible one is actually kind of a turn off, unless it's very artistic/interesting. I'd prefer a woman with no or minimal ink (nothing against ink, some of the art is amazing and they are skilled artists). Body art can look cool - but not permanently. I'd rather date a person, not a walking canvas lol. It's just not a look that gets me going. I'm not a prude or anything, but I prefer women to look more natural. Same with makeup, fake tans, fake eyelashes, fake breasts.etc.

I think tattoos look butch, not necessarily lesbian, but I find it weird when women in high heels and makeup have a lot of tats. It just makes them look like a trashy hooker or something. If you're one of these women, feel free to be offended, but don't take it personally you're free to disagree. I guess what I'm saying is, to me tatts seem incompatible with the stereotypical feminine image to me.

Put it another way, "do you think tattoos are incompatible with being feminine?"
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 07:17 PM

9 posts, read 16,474 times
I'm not a fan of tats on men and women, so what are you care for?

Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not a fan of tats on men and women - usually makes them look try-hard gangster or too much like a self-proclaimed 'bad boy' or 'bad girl.' Even a small visible one is actually kind of a turn off, unless it's very artistic/interesting. I'd prefer a woman with no or minimal ink (nothing against ink, some of the art is amazing and they are skilled artists). It's just not a look that gets me going. I'm not a prude or anything, but I prefer women to look more natural. Same with makeup, fake tans, fake eyelashes, fake breasts.etc.

I think tattoos look butch, not necessarily lesbian, but I find it weird when women in high heels and makeup have a lot of tats. It just makes them look like a trashy hooker or something. If you're one of these women, feel free to be offended, but don't take it personally you're free to disagree. I guess what I'm saying is, to me tatts seem incompatible with the stereotypical feminine image to me.

Put it another way, "do you think tattoos are incompatible with being feminine?"
I'm not a fan of tattoos either. Its too common. I am one of the only people I know with no ink whatsoever. My former boss, working with designer labels, one day thought she was impressing me. Took off her Anne Klein jacket to reveal her arms just covered in tattoos. I was really, really shocked at how cheap & stupid she suddenly looked.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:25 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I'm not a fan of tattoos either. Its too common. I am one of the only people I know with no ink whatsoever. My former boss, working with designer labels, one day thought she was impressing me. Took off her Anne Klein jacket to reveal her arms just covered in tattoos. I was really, really shocked at how cheap & stupid she suddenly looked.
It's like smoking. It shows how people will follow any old fad to follow the crowd.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
I love tattoos on guys, especially sleeves. It depends on the woman and where she places it. Sometimes half sleeves on the forearm can look 'butchy.' But I still like them on people regardless of what others think. The artists that do them are very talented, I can appreciate artwork like that b/c I can only do stick figures on paper. Barely.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:34 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,124,834 times
Not at all.

Well done tats... can be VERY attractive.

Poorly done ones... do the opposite.

I say this as a guy with no tats.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:56 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,347,398 times
As an older man, I prefer the natural softer attributes of a women but then what do I know?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
How many of these threads need to be started? Yes, I get it, I look like a trashy, butch and unfeminine hooker with my tattoos.

It seems like there are a lot of people who get their jollies by making others feel bad about themselves.

Besides, I'm a 6'1 tall female mechanic... If those things didn't already make me butch a few tattoos aren't going to push me over that edge

Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,683,630 times
I think looking like Rosie O'Donnell or Wynonna Judd makes a woman look butch, not tattoos.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,701 times
I voted Yes, but it's only most of the time.

But then, I think tattoos are just dumb in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty