Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times

Advertisements

Sideways is just stupid more often than not.

There is something nice about seeing the "favorite" caps out and about in summer. You know the ones that are faded,molded and just beat to ****. I like those on people in casual settings.

The all black caps made for a more urban look are nice:
New Era New York Yankees All Black Everything 5950 Fitted Cap (http://www.drjays.com/1/1/7302-new-york-yankees-all-black-everything-5950-fitted-cap.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Sideways is just stupid more often than not.

There is something nice about seeing the "favorite" caps out and about in summer. You know the ones that are faded,molded and just beat to ****. I like those on people in casual settings.

The all black caps made for a more urban look are nice:
New Era New York Yankees All Black Everything 5950 Fitted Cap (http://www.drjays.com/1/1/7302-new-york-yankees-all-black-everything-5950-fitted-cap.html - broken link)

why is it so stupid?
whats the big deal.??

I think ties are stupid, but we are forced to wear them in the office.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
why is it so stupid?
whats the big deal.??
They aren't made to fit that way, so they are uncomfortable. Plus it's douchey.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
i guess they are ok if you are at a sports even or some kind of outdoor bbq type thing. at a certain age, it just looks like you are trying to cover up your baldness.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:40 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I notice in the US a lot of guys still wear baseball/basketball caps - that trend sort of died away (it's still alive and well, but a lot less reduced).

Just wondering what do you think of baseball caps from a fashion perspective?

I don't wear them simply because they do not protect my neck - although I do when I grow my hair longer. I prefer slouch hats with brims anyway, but admit I don't often wear hats even when it's hot and sunny.

Do you think wearing a cap backwards/to the side is passe/goofy?

What about girls/women wearing baseball caps? Seems kinda 90s, I saw it in the States, I think it's kind of cute to be honest lol.
I dont care for baseball caps. I have a couple that were given to me (I would never pay for those things) and really would only wear them if in the garage doing manly stuff and didnt want to gel up my hair. Would NEVER wear one out in public.

They are just part of my personal fashion No-nos along with NEVER wearing any sports team attire. I just dont do it.

Oh, and dont get me started on the idiots who wear caps on backwards. My hero Tommy Lasorda once said like "If I see a guy wearing his baseball cap on backwards, I'd think his brain was also in backwards". Its just stupid.

Oh, I actually kinda like women who can pull of the baseball cap thing and look good. Like the chicks I see out running or playing tennis with their caps on and ponytail dangling as the run. That is kinda sexy.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:16 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
why is it so stupid?
whats the big deal.??

I think ties are stupid, but we are forced to wear them in the office.
See picture already posted below your post.

You better love those ties. They make you look better. LOL

It makes me think of yo's and hardcore kids trying to be cool.
The only way it looks nice is a mature urban look with it slightly to the side.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:43 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
The fad of wearing ball caps backwards or sideways was started by the African American hip hop culture.
If that's who you want to emulate then go for it.

I wear a ball cap in the summer, forward facing thank you, but what do I know?

Old 02-14-2012, 02:27 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,737 times
I hate them too especially in a restaurant. Wearing the side ways looks stupid. I think if a man has hair show it off. When I see a cap I always think the man is covering a hair problem.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:12 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
I hate them too especially in a restaurant. Wearing the side ways looks stupid. I think if a man has hair show it off. When I see a cap I always think the man is covering a hair problem.
My husband wears them for work, and he sweats and his hair gets all greasy and gross. The ball cap allows him to have a modicum of dignity when a resident walks up and starts chatting.

He also carries extra shirts in his truck in case he slimes one.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
They aren't made to fit that way, so they are uncomfortable. Plus it's douchey.
ahh....its Scumbag Steve!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty