U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:28 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,070,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
These were only the visible side effects at the time. You'll likely pay for it in one form or another down the road. When you wonder what hit you some day, remember it. Nobody should take a drug with 2 pages of horrible side effects unless they have a life-threatening disease, but hey... if vanity and speed of recovery are more important to somebody, so be it.
I agree! After reading from people who used accutane 20 years ago and their ills today, I would never allow my kid to use it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 02:39 PM

20,894 posts, read 25,965,535 times
Quote:
These were only the visible side effects at the time. You'll likely pay for it in one form or another down the road. When you wonder what hit you some day, remember it. Nobody should take a drug with 2 pages of horrible side effects unless they have a life-threatening disease, but hey... if vanity and speed of recovery are more important to somebody, so be it.
its great when people can make genius points where they can link things to potential future problems they say you are likely to have. i wont likely pay for it in any form down the road. it did its job safely and got rid of the acne. you are bringing up a fake potential issue because you have no clue whatsoever whether or not what you are saying is true.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:42 PM

5,145 posts, read 9,756,370 times
I just wonder if there is a natural version of it. They usually copy that type of thing (meds) from nature. Anyone know anything about that?

This link says vitamin A:
http://www.myacnereview.com/2008/01/...e-to-accutane/

But I know too much of that can be really bad for your body too.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 PM

19,372 posts, read 20,165,774 times
Has the OP been back to respond to anything? Now I'm wondering what his shaving routine is. Maybe acne is less of a problem than razor irritation and ingrown hairs.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:29 PM

4,004 posts, read 4,714,198 times
First of all - look at your diet! You will have crappy skin if you eat a lot of processed food OR do drugs. Clean eating is the way to go, by which I mean fruit, vegetables, nuts, fish, meat, cereals. No added crap like sugar or fat. Or very occasional as treats only. This is very important in regulating your hormones. If you try everything else first there is still accutane but it is a total last resort.

I had perfect skin as a teenager but I got adult acne. And I only got it in one place, my chin. As I got older it concentrated on one place in particular and got to the point I had a humongous, painful blind zit either coming, throbbing or going - it was nearly permanent. I had been on antibiotics which had helped (I also got ass acne) but was definitely not a solution. Goes without saying I tried all the zit stuff I could get my hands on, as the zit was blind it seemed to make it worse. The docs then sent me to a plastic surgeon to get it cut out. I went home and got online at that point and read and read, as I didn't want surgery. Here is what I came up with - first of all, I started with a magnesium and zinc supplement every day, and a womens multi with vitamin B. Then, I went to the shop and stood for an age at the toner section, reading all the labels. I was looking for one that had BOTH salicylic acid (another great acne secret) and an antiseptic - a lot have one or the other but I was looking for a combo. I ended up with a product that also had witch hazel which is a natural anti inflammatory. Mind you this all had to be as cheap as possible as I'm broke but I ended up with a great product for around $10. I used this twice a day every day religiously after removing my makeup. I also bought antibacterial soap to use in the shower which has pretty much conquered my ass acne.

Final and most difficult step (which may not be suitable for your type of acne) when the zit got sore as hell I no longer attempted to either ignore it (nearly impossible - v painful) or squeeze it. I would get a hot cloth and hold it on to bring the crap to the surface and soften the skin, then swab with tea tree oil. I would then wrap my hands in tissue and GENTLY press the sides, then lance it with a sterile needle right in the middle. I often got just a load of blood out but it released the pressure and I would keep poking and gently squeezing until this happened. AT NO STAGE did I directly touch my skin. I would swab it again with tea tree oil (the best weapon out for acne) and place a clean tissue on the wound until it stopped bleeding. Theoretically you have only a tiny needle hole anyway. Remove the tissue, swab again with tea tree, go on with your day. Once it's totally stopped bleeding you can apply makeup and concealer but try to go makeup free as often as possible.

If you have a generalised small-but-lots-of-them acne, I would definitely recommend you get a facial scrub with salicylic acid to use in the morning, a gentle antiseptic cleanser for use at night to remove makeup, and a toner with sal and antiseptic, witch hazel too if you can get it. Basically acne is your pores blocking and a sal facial scrub will clean them out. Use it once a day and swab with the toner twice a day. get the sterile needle and tea tree oil onto anything that bothers you. I would also use aloe gel to soothe after i did my surgeries especially before bed. NEVER touch your face with your hands or squeeze with your nails. look for non-acne makeup and remove it as soon as you can at night. Take some multivitamins, some B, and zinc and magnesium. Change your bed linen often...dirty bed linen is an overlooked hive of infection. If your face acne is really bad, change your pillowcases every day. THINK CLEAN! you can overcome this. It won't happen overnight but you can conquer this yourself.

Last edited by MsAnnThrope; 02-23-2012 at 03:39 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 PM

14,792 posts, read 12,408,360 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its great when people can make genius points where they can link things to potential future problems they say you are likely to have. i wont likely pay for it in any form down the road. it did its job safely and got rid of the acne. you are bringing up a fake potential issue because you have no clue whatsoever whether or not what you are saying is true.
My brother used this. He was really angry and depressive while taking it.

My friend did too. She's got some issues with joint & muscle pain etc

NJ ~ do a search on side effects of this drug and what other people are experiencing.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:14 PM

10,892 posts, read 12,074,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Has the OP been back to respond to anything? Now I'm wondering what his shaving routine is. Maybe acne is less of a problem than razor irritation and ingrown hairs.
You may be onto something! I didn't even think about that.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:23 PM

10,892 posts, read 12,074,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
I agree! After reading from people who used accutane 20 years ago and their ills today, I would never allow my kid to use it!

Accutane is a pill? I can't imagine how a pill would only target your face, that would definitely change your whole body chemistry.

OK, I just looked it up-

Anything that lists "RECTAL BLEEDING" as a possible side effect-- uhhhh, no thanks!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:25 PM

42,837 posts, read 73,693,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
Is that right? First of all, any drug that's not recommended for pregnant women is obviously pure poison. Second of all, read below.

Accutane Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

Accutane Side Effects And Lawsuits | Accutane Lawsuit

Accutane Side Effects Attorneys| Lawyers for Accutane Recall

Accutane Long Term Side Effects - The People's Medicine Community

Accutane Long-term Side Effects - The Ichthyosis Board

Accutane side effects…the horrific facts » Natural Acne Treatments

Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM

20,894 posts, read 25,965,535 times
its amazing what a bunch of ambulance chasing lawyers can do. just a bunch of bs propaganda so these lawyers can sue pharmaceutical companies. advil comes with a long list of potential side effects also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty