U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 AM

5,145 posts, read 9,818,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
The only thing that works:

You must give up ALL products containing SUGAR!!!

Simple as that. Want a clear complexion - clean up the present mess with Hydrogen Peroxide and quit the sugar habit.

Giving up white cane and corn sugar is good for ANY problem that has inflammation as part of the issue.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 05:02 PM

4,004 posts, read 4,750,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
The only thing that works:

You must give up ALL products containing SUGAR!!!

Simple as that. Want a clear complexion - clean up the present mess with Hydrogen Peroxide and quit the sugar habit.
Not strictly true - while I advocate a "clean" diet for skincare, a little bit of sugar makes no difference at all, nor does chocolate or even greasy food IN MODERATION. Trust me I am heaps old and I tried EVERYTHING for my cystic acne, you have to be way more pro active than just eliminating something from your diet. The clean diet I use means hardly any processed food, which means by default wholemeal/grain breads instead of white, raw sugar instead of white. Obviously you aren't sitting about eating cups of sugar, most of us would only add it to coffee, tea or cereal anyway so aren't eating a great deal. It's the hidden sugar (and other nasties) you have to worry about, like that in takeaway and processed foods. Eliminate the processed foods, you've eliminated the bulk of the sugar, sodium and added chemicals like food colouring and preservatives. You will also feel much better physically and it's CHEAPER to eat like this. Think a big pot of chili with beans and brown rice. Yum.

By the way I forgot to mention I have COMPLETELY eradicated my cystic acne using the steps outlined in my previous post. I occasionally get an "itch" in the spot, which is a sign to use my medicated toner...the itch goes away instead of developing into a massive zit. Acne vs. me - I WON!!!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 PM

366 posts, read 604,373 times
Default Clean your gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Okay, I was debating on putting this topic between this forum or the health/wellness forum but I'll probably post on both since maybe some fashion/cosmetic products can help as well as health (foods,exercises etc).

Well, to make a long story short, I have probably the worst acne problem right now. Out of all my family and group of friends, I have the most pimples by far. It's so bad sometimes that random people whom I have an encounter with would mention it with no regard to how I would feel as if I didn't KNOW I have a friggin acne issue. People would say "Hey, what foods are you eating?", "What do you do for your acne?", "Are you having enough sex?" etc. I would get advice from people telling me how to take care of my acne without me even asking them for advice!

I've been suffering with this issue since I was about 15. It's so annoying and can sometimes lower my confidence! I tried so many methods and products but nothing seems to work. I eat right, I'm athletic, I don't eat stuff I am allergic to (Peanut butter, shrimps, etc), I don't touch my face with my hands a lot unless I am showering. Everything seems to be a temporary solution and then BAM pimples come back.

Its so bad that my pimples have personalities of their own. They must be working out or something because sometimes these pimples are rock hard. It's so annoying when pimples become the highlight of who I am sometimes.

It hasn't ruined my social life, has ruined my life or even ruin chances with the women that much but it definitely makes me feel insecure at times. It just seems to be TOO much. I went to a dermatologist and was told that it's my hormones and testosterone that's causing my acne on my face (I'm 25, I went through puberty a long time ago!).

Anyhow, I'm to the point where I would put on some make up concealer or something. So, anyone who has any tips on how I can conceal the redness without looking girly, I would appreciate it! Also, please give me advice on any products (if I tried it and didn't work, I'll let you know). Give me all the tips, advice, help you know and want! Thanks!
Diet has a lot to do with acne. I became a vegan, workout like a fiend, stay away from sweets and empty my gut twice a day. Not to gross you out, but I'm crapping like a baby (whoa!). I also take vitamin supplements, and use SeaBreeze topical solution on my face two or three times a week. The results have been positively profound. This has been a three or four year endeavor, so don't expect wonders overnight. Good luck.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:48 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,773,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Okay, I was debating on putting this topic between this forum or the health/wellness forum but I'll probably post on both since maybe some fashion/cosmetic products can help as well as health (foods,exercises etc).

Well, to make a long story short, I have probably the worst acne problem right now. Out of all my family and group of friends, I have the most pimples by far. It's so bad sometimes that random people whom I have an encounter with would mention it with no regard to how I would feel as if I didn't KNOW I have a friggin acne issue. People would say "Hey, what foods are you eating?", "What do you do for your acne?", "Are you having enough sex?" etc. I would get advice from people telling me how to take care of my acne without me even asking them for advice!

I've been suffering with this issue since I was about 15. It's so annoying and can sometimes lower my confidence! I tried so many methods and products but nothing seems to work. I eat right, I'm athletic, I don't eat stuff I am allergic to (Peanut butter, shrimps, etc), I don't touch my face with my hands a lot unless I am showering. Everything seems to be a temporary solution and then BAM pimples come back.

Its so bad that my pimples have personalities of their own. They must be working out or something because sometimes these pimples are rock hard. It's so annoying when pimples become the highlight of who I am sometimes.

It hasn't ruined my social life, has ruined my life or even ruin chances with the women that much but it definitely makes me feel insecure at times. It just seems to be TOO much. I went to a dermatologist and was told that it's my hormones and testosterone that's causing my acne on my face (I'm 25, I went through puberty a long time ago!).

Anyhow, I'm to the point where I would put on some make up concealer or something. So, anyone who has any tips on how I can conceal the redness without looking girly, I would appreciate it! Also, please give me advice on any products (if I tried it and didn't work, I'll let you know). Give me all the tips, advice, help you know and want! Thanks!
Please don't wear concealer, that will look aweful.

Use the mildest soap you can find, Cetaphyl is excellent

Wash your face as least as possible. Once a day if possible. Washing your face often dries your skin and causes breakouts.

Oh my God please don't aply lemon to your face. Leave your face alone. I can't believe the things I read here.

Accutane does get rid of acne but it's for severe cases and/or brave people. I'm with CaptainNJ, I don't believe all the long term effects either. My conclusion comes from knowing many people who have used the drug. Some took it 10 and 15 years ago. But like I said it's not for everybody and maybe not for you.

Please go and see another dermatologist (yours sucks big time) You can get a bleaching cream to expediate the healing process. You also need a treatment. There are some creams and lotions that help. Don't waste your time with overthecounter items.

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 03-03-2012 at 02:28 AM..

Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
These were only the visible side effects at the time. You'll likely pay for it in one form or another down the road. When you wonder what hit you some day, remember it. Nobody should take a drug with 2 pages of horrible side effects unless they have a life-threatening disease, but hey... if vanity and speed of recovery are more important to somebody, so be it.
Accutane has nothing to do with "speedy recovery" Most of the people that take accutane have cystic acne which disfigures their faces permanently. There is no slow recovery for scars, they stay for good Would you think it's vanity if a teenager doesnt want to look like Edward James Olmos for the rest of their life? How about if you knew several people who took the drug and recovered with zero long term effects? Ask around Sierra, don't let sensationalism on the internet, TV or US courts fool you. If you wanna know the truth ask friends and acquintences who have tried the drug. I guarantee you most will be success stories with no long term effects and the few that make claims will be questionable.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:28 PM

42,837 posts, read 74,034,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Accutane has nothing to do with "speedy recovery" Most of the people that take accutane have cystic acne which disfigures their faces permanently. There is no slow recovery for scars, they stay for good Would you think it's vanity if a teenager doesnt want to look like Edward James Olmos for the rest of their life? How about if you knew several people who took the drug and recovered with zero long term effects? Ask around Sierra, don't let sensationalism on the internet, TV or US courts fool you. If you wanna know the truth ask friends and acquintences who have tried the drug. I guarantee you most will be success stories with no long term effects and the few that make claims will be questionable.
You know, I'm as vain as the next person, and if I had such a problem as a teen, I'd probably go for any solution, too, no matter how bad it is. Accutane hasn't even been around long enough for all long-term side effects to be known.

Have you noticed the sudden surge of autoimmune diseases in recent decades? They're all "idiopathic," supposedly, which means nobody knows what causes them. Well, in addition to the "food products," toxic environment, etc., I'd bet a good number of them are caused by various miracle drugs.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know, I'm as vain as the next person, and if I had such a problem as a teen, I'd probably go for any solution, too, no matter how bad it is. Accutane hasn't even been around long enough for all long-term side effects to be known.

Have you noticed the sudden surge of autoimmune diseases in recent decades? They're all "idiopathic," supposedly, which means nobody knows what causes them. Well, in addition to the "food products," toxic environment, etc., I'd bet a good number of them are caused by various miracle drugs.
It's been around since 1982. Most drugs haven't been around for long but people take them because they are risking quality of life with potential long term effects. Acne might not be life treatening like cancer, AIDS, heart disease or Diabetes but severe cases have severe psychological effects.

When it comes to that I think people have the right to pick their poison. Besides we all gonna die anyway and once you a hit certain age you will most likely have health problems that are more related to genetics than lifestyle. But humans love the blame game instead of realizing that most of us are living too long

Regarding all of these diseases that are showing up, you cannot compare the last decades with periods of time when there was no media and little medical advancement. Also most people in human history died young (thirties, early forties) So they didn't even reach the age when most cancers developed because other diseases were killing them.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:50 PM

34,901 posts, read 34,065,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Aloe gel treats the acne, kills the red and is oil free. You can also carry a visine bottle to drop on really red ones through the day. It works amazing. Sounds like you need to get a layer of dead skin off + something to treat it.

What exactly have you used?
Do you wash your bedding daily?

No one washes their bedding daily.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 AM

5,145 posts, read 9,818,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No one washes their bedding daily.

Says who?

I usually do. I hate dirty sheets. Its one of the "musts" when I had that breakout spell.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 AM

21,431 posts, read 14,481,685 times
Unfortunatley, acne can be hereditary. I would do a detox regimen, which you can find plenty of on the internet, just find the one that most suits you. Drink plenty of water...not liquids...water! For topical treatment, steam your face over a pot of water with a few spoons of "Swiss Kriss" added to the pot. You can find it in a health food store. Cover your head and the pot (off the stove of course) with a towel, but don't get close enough to burn yourself. If you can afford one, a facial stemer is a good bet. Do that for about 5 minutes to open your pores. Then apply clay. You can find it in the health food store in a pre-mixed or powdered form. Let it dry and you will feel a tightening of the skin when it is time to wash it off. Do this a couple of times a week. Also and most important, if you use facial soaps or moisturizers, use natural or organic products that are not loaded with artificial chemical junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty