Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, whats more attractive; a clean shaven man, a little hair on his face or a full bearded man?
Clean shaven man 33 50.00%
A little hair on the face 22 33.33%
Full beard 11 16.67%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:22 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,865 times

Advertisements

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just guessing you could find actual scientific surveys and studies that told you these things. I'm not talking about People magazine articles. This is not the ONLY place you can find good advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Depends on the guy. Some wear it well, some look like they are trying too hard with it.
What is considered too hard?

Old 02-19-2012, 08:39 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
There likely ARE women who want a guy with a nice car, or certain shoes, or who accessorize....

but is this the type of woman YOU want?
Please don't tell me you want JUST ANY kind of woman...

Be who you are. Go places you enjoy. Have outside interests you love. Be involved with issues you hold dear. At some point, you are going to meet the girl who will best suit you... and who will fit into your life. And often, it happens when you least expect it.

Quit reading articles

Women want this, women want a guy who accesorize, or drive a nice car, or wears certain shoes, blah blah....

Then the go on about being a challenge and waiting 3 days to send a text rule

Or how to approach women with stupid pick up lines, or acting a certain way when every women is different

There's a giant social misconception or actually those articles are purposely spooning men a bunch of crap so then they go and read more or buy pick up artist books. The whole dating advice for men is a BIG SCAM LOADED with FALSE INFORMATION. NONE Of the junk works.

I had to experience, research and ask women and even when I asked I made sure that what they were saying was accurate and then apply it to my life.[/quote]

Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 PM

434 posts, read 684,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
The same articles that were telling us that all women want are nice guys.

Then turn around and say women want bad boys...
I have said it before and I will say it again: Girls want bad boys and women want nice guys. Figure out what you want and act accordingly.

Last edited by slowdog101; 02-19-2012 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-19-2012, 08:51 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times
Good grief. What do women want is as foolish as saying what do dogs want.
All women are different. Some women will pant after a man, wagging their tail at him, even after he beats them, and some women will fight back snarling the first time he lifts his hand. Some women are independent and like men who are independent, and some women just want good strokes and cuddling constantly. Some women will get all bug-eyed and whine in a high voice to manipulate a man, and some women will bark at a man who opens a door for them. Some women insist on going to the parlor to have their hair and face and nails done every week, while others are quite comfortable going swimming at the beach, or plunging down a rock slide into a watering hole.

You can't ask 'what women want' because women are individuals, and generalization - or adopting specific character traits based on that generalization - is immature.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
exactly SCGranny, that's why you can't base your life on polls.

Last edited by MaggieZ; 02-19-2012 at 09:58 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 09:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Sorry thats not how it works.
I can be as kind hearted, or genuine as I want to be. No result.

There's nothing wrong with what I'm doing. It's called adapting. It's 2012. Times changed. The dating game changed. Women changed.

All I'm doing is playing the game.
There is no "game"

The longer you delude yourself in that thought process the longer it will take for you to find a good woman.

Don't ever be something you are not just to attract a woman.

That's a waste of her time and just a dishonest way to live.

And I didn't say to be "kind hearted" either. What I said was be the best YOU that you can be.

So sure, get a makeover to help put your best foot forward - brush up on your manners, freshen up your look, (your wardrobe, your haircut).

But also, finish your education, develop yourself - work on becoming the best man you can personally be, THAT is how you will attract quality women in the long run.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:34 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
The same articles that were telling us that all women want are nice guys.

Then turn around and say women want bad boys...

It's a bunch of crap.

Women want this, women want a guy who accesorize, or drive a nice car, or wears certain shoes, blah blah....

Then the go on about being a challenge and waiting 3 days to send a text rule

Or how to approach women with stupid pick up lines, or acting a certain way when every women is different

There's a giant social misconception or actually those articles are purposely spooning men a bunch of crap so then they go and read more or buy pick up artist books. The whole dating advice for men is a BIG SCAM LOADED with FALSE INFORMATION. NONE Of the junk works.

I had to experience, research and ask women and even when I asked I made sure that what they were saying was accurate and then apply it to my life.
Everything you talked about is somewhat true, but I think what really attracts women regardless of looks is CONFIDENCE aka "Swag".

I've been attracted to men who were not physically what I liked, but their confidence was so up there that I was able to overlook it.

I've also met men who fit my physical ideal, but were boring and lacked "swag", so it didn't work out.

Keep that in mind as well while you're going through your makeover.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
It depends on the man, but clean shaven and a little hair are both ok with me.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:53 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There is no "game"

The longer you delude yourself in that thought process the longer it will take for you to find a good woman.

Don't ever be something you are not just to attract a woman.

That's a waste of her time and just a dishonest way to live.

And I didn't say to be "kind hearted" either. What I said was be the best YOU that you can be.

So sure, get a makeover to help put your best foot forward - brush up on your manners, freshen up your look, (your wardrobe, your haircut).

But also, finish your education, develop yourself - work on becoming the best man you can personally be, THAT is how you will attract quality women in the long run.

If all you want is sex, then play the childish games -and get what you deserve - shallow mindless meaningless interactions that predictably end.

But for a real satisfying relationship with someone who shares your hopes and dreams and goals and beliefs, try concentrating on who and what you can become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty