U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM

436 posts, read 1,301,736 times

Advertisements

I've seen all these commercials that promise to reduce wrinkles. Which ones actually work?

And does that eye roller really work to reduce under eye bags?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 03:45 PM

254 posts, read 473,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamom1 View Post
I've seen all these commercials that promise to reduce wrinkles. Which ones actually work?

StriVectin is great, but it's a little pricey. I'm very happy with Olay Regenerist it's worth it and it lasts a a long time. The under eye rollers claim to reduce puffiness because they contain caffine, I have one and don't notice a difference, the thing that works the best for me is placing damp teabags on my eyes and letting them sit there for 10 minutes or so.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:25 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,307,501 times
Quote:
If any of them worked, nobody would go under the scalpel.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM

25,576 posts, read 23,822,560 times
Quote:

If you read the fine print, most of these products basically are temporary, cosmetic fixes, not permanent healing processes. Notice the words: 'helps the appearance', not 'eliminates the issues'. However, I do find Porcelana a good product for helping get rid of age spots. But you have to use it for a long time, it worked on a couple of spots I had, after about 2 mos of applications twice a day.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:31 PM

13,494 posts, read 15,146,209 times
Sunscreen.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,600,986 times
I had to ditch the undereye rollers with caffeine; after a few uses, it made my eyelids twitch a lot. It didn't make a big difference in appearance for me while I did use it.

Retin-A (prescription) and retinol (in a lot of products OTC) will reduce wrinkles and slow down the rate at which new ones form, but you also have to be vigilent & consistent about using sunscreen.

Latisse (bitmaprost is the generic name) does work for lengthening eyelashes and making them fuller. Some people get irritated and/or itchy eyelids from using it.

Clarisonic and other sonic cleansing machines improve blood flow to the skin surface and remove dead skin cells from the surface, making the skin look plumper and smoother and thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 PM

1,328 posts, read 2,350,290 times
If you're getting wrinkles that means your collagen production has slowed significantly. Therefore, you need to up your amino acids and vitamins/minerals intake, drink more water, exercises regularly, and perhaps buy a decent facial rejuventation massager to use once or twice a week. Buying wrinkle creams doesn't resolve the underlying cause of wrinkles.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 PM

4,338 posts, read 6,410,144 times
Quote:

I am trying to get rid of the black bags and wrinkles under my eyes.

What about the Neutrogena brand?

Old 02-22-2012, 12:38 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,509,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If any of them worked, nobody would go under the scalpel.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT and to add to that all he Plastic Surgeons would go out of business..

most of the creams have caffeine in them to PLUMP UP the skin same with cellulite creams.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,509,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I am trying to get rid of the black bags and wrinkles under my eyes.

What about the Neutrogena brand?
you need to see a Plastic surgeon that is the only thing that will help Blephroplasty is what you may want to do reseach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty